1. spasmolytic's rating of the film Collateral

Two stars just for the club scene. It's like trying to blend the realism of Mean Streets with Mission Impossible. That's a lazy analogy, but basically the components here don't create a good fusion. Tom Cruise as some bad ass assassin is fine for movies like Mission Impossible, which blows, but in a movie trying to be taken seriously, it's counter-intuitive. The structure and tone make the same mistake.

2. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Collateral

3. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Collateral

Works as an adrenaline rush, and a metaphor for a triumphant revolution against 1st-world nations apathetic complacency of hypocritical morals that spawn eventual murder of the marginalized contained in their society and abroad. Foxx's journey from zero to hero over the bourgeoisie predator of Cruise is equated to the overthrow of an unfair ruling class towards a union with Pinkett's open-minded academic.

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film Collateral

Shit happens. Think anyone will notice?

5. Wellington's rating of the film Collateral

The way Michael Mann films Los Angeles and makes her a great character is cool and beautiful is pure art.

6. INZER's rating of the film Collateral

7. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Collateral

Unbelievable. One of the most efficient movie I ever saw. Great Soundtrack too.

8. Star Lord's rating of the film Collateral

9. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Collateral

My mom took me to see this when I was 9. Quality Parenting

10. CanonFiller's rating of the film Collateral

Stylish and engaging, this movie made me see Tom Cruise with a renewed appreciation for his talents and suave looks. Mann's camerawork is fantastic, I'm a sucker for this movie's cinematography and aesthetics, it's gorgeous. Ruffalo gets too little screen time for my taste. Lame soundtrack.

11. ceknklsn's rating of the film Collateral

12. bieup's rating of the film Collateral

boring but passes the time u kno

13. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Collateral

The last decent film that Mann has made, with two great central performances and a visual style that totally suits the material. Bonus points for the Audioslave soundtrack.

14. o_oo's rating of the film Collateral

Los Angeles - Die Sinfonie der Großstadt

15. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Collateral

16. JoãoMoura's rating of the film Collateral

O Jamie Foxx faz deste filme algo melhor.

17. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Collateral

Tom Cruise runs at least a 40 yard dash in an uninterrupted take.

18. James Mackin's rating of the film Collateral

Probably my favourite Tom Cruise role ever.

19. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Collateral

Pretty cool aesthetic and badassness.

20. TomMackAplin's rating of the film Collateral

Don't like Tom Cruise in this.

21. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Collateral

Slow, moody, and tense, it's a great watch

22. Hollywood Overdose's rating of the film Collateral

In what world does this soundtrack makes sense?

23. film_lies101's rating of the film Collateral

This might be Mann's masterpiece

24. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Collateral

Tempted with 700$ a taxi driver very soon realizes that he is very much in the shit. He is forced to serve a killer during the night & "The Collateral Damages" take place one after another. The movie is a violent, charismatic, top-class thriller with constant tension. Intelligently constructed, aesthetically shot & with good dialogues. Michael Mann is back to the tradition of "Thief" & "Heat". Great actors.

← Previous 1 3 4