1. Nabonaid's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

It vaguely works as high-level intellectual cringe, as there are a good deal of unintentionally humorous moments from Docherty who slouches through each scene, in one even appearing to stare at an anachronistic wristwatch. It comes off as a BBC costume drama aimed at 'today's yoof' trying far too hard to be edgy with unfortunately rather staid source material...

2. bulgrin's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

3. jananonloso's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Firstly, but not importantly, I get that Doherty's part is a libertine, but they could have tried to make his messy hair look more effortless. The film doesn't manage to convey any feeling and Doherty looks and acts as if he does not belong there. Even though it's a nice idea to present the historic plot in non-stiff, light way, the wobbly camera becomes annoying at times and further distracts from building emotion.

4. AVA's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Tolle Kulisse,schöne Farben.die Wahl des Hauptdarstellers allerdings,finde ich mißglückt, für diesen Part.Dies hat negative Auswirkung auf die inhaltliche Farbe.

5. matt pelly's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Cements Pete Doherty's position in the firmament as an annoying twat.

6. Paul Relf's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Not as bad as some people would have you believe but not very good either. I'm actually a fan of Pete Doherty but I wasn't expecting much from this film. I thought he was ok and Charlotte Gainsbourg about as good as Pete was. There just wasn't much to the story, the poetic observations on life and love were dull. I can't imagine the novel it's based on to be any more interesting either.

7. Derrick Robinson's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

wooden acting. too slow, didn't pique my interest

8. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

I enjoyed Doherty's style here - mumbled and unhurried with his curious swagger, though it seems to irk most of you. This film has a lot to say about the thankless, changing state that seems to be 'love' and I was willing to hear it. August Diehl stole some moments to powerfully convey what the film was getting at.

9. Laura Hitchman's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Boring. Pete(r) does well considering.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

I somewhat wish that the duel would have lead to the death of the main character. Then, there could have been a more interesting one.

11. mathew humphrey's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Thought the casting mismatch made it more of an interesting film. Pete's pete so.. should have been expected he would amble through all the scenic beauty in the film.

12. Marcus's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

13. straykat's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

14. Hande Gungor's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

best film. thanks marcus barnett for recommending it to me.

15. raggiodisole's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

mumbling fools spouting endless drivel. More the fault of the director. Indulgence.

16. goulton green's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Very, very fine movie that throws plenty of posits to reflect on. His track had no path, her path a country road. Junction is a goat on January snow. P.D. is fabulous as his acting skills underline the role of an epoque's transient anonymous and a libertine in making. Is he really a libertine?

17. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

A struggle. Unable to finish watching. I'm so upset for the stunning costume and set design - wasted. I will forever love Charlotte Gainsbourg though.

18. Stephanie Crumpet's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Aesthetics beautiful but I was bored and turned of a third of the way through.

19. jody hoey's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

20. maddening cloud's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

Two hours' worth of mumbly Doherty voiceovers, bland performances (Gainsbourg excepted) and cheesy original music.

21. momoko's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

1 star just for Charlotte Gainsbourg

22. alcools's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

I like the mumbling, slouching and sniffling Doherty. Verheyde and the actors didn't tap the full potential of the film but it's good.

23. nowhere_fast's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

24. Katerina's rating of the film Confession of a Child of the Century

wtf is doherty doing in a film lol