1. Philipp Reinke's rating of the film Dancing in Jaffa

Der Film besticht durch seine Ehrlichkeit ausgehend von den Kindern und Pierre Dulaine, der mit vollem Herzblut Initiator eines Projektes ist, das den sinnlosen Hass zwischen Israelis und Palästinensern nicht durch mehr Hass, sondern durch Achtung voreinander auflösen soll, dabei ist der Tanz eher Mittel zum Zweck: "Sei Gentleman, sei Lady". Leider ist die Doku unstrukturiert, aber dennoch sehr empfehlenswert.

2. Laetitia's rating of the film Dancing in Jaffa

I really enjoyed this film! Even though one can see that political circumstances make projects like these very hard to accomplish I believe that the massive effort of Pierre Dulaine has achieved something substancial on a small scale. After all, as he explains so very clearly, the dancing isn't the important part.

3. suede's rating of the film Dancing in Jaffa

Ball-room dancing will not pacify the world's conflict zones but, having recently walked the streets of Jaffa, I found this docu rewarding (esp. in HD). It offered various impressions from the everyday life of Israelis – especially Arab Israelis, whom I knew very little about. The 'dancing' theme is ultimately inessential to what one gets from this film.

4. Fabian Ochsenfeld's rating of the film Dancing in Jaffa

Very interesting story, unfortunately left almost entirely untold in this movie.

5. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Dancing in Jaffa

Pierre Dulaine is an engaging person, but he lacks pedagogic qualities for what he is doing - and I have problems to see children of the modern world adjusted to the artificial and mannered role models of ballroom dance. Besides this I find the dramaturgy of the movie confusing and indecisive: The director wants too much at once without really getting to the point.