1. Aardsy's rating of the film Dead End

Overeating at the tough guy buffet.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Dead End

"Dead end" tiene momentos en que su moralidad de manual es recurrente. Es el mensaje señalizado con luces. Muy a pesar, es su crudeza la que lo hace sobresalir y pasar por alto ese didactismo. De ahí por qué podría asumirse esta película como un retrato contradictoria. Si bien amasa la moral, no deja de reflejar una mirada villana. Niños aspirando a delinquir, una muerte terrible. Lo perverso parece calar más.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Dead End

Une oeuvre importante, à l'étonnante interprétation d'Humphrey Bogart ! www.cinefiches.com

4. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Dead End

A surprisingly sympathetic and gritty film considering the era (and the looming presence of producer Goldwyn). In the glossy, staged world of classic Hollywood this is as hard hitting as it gets. Murder, poverty and prostitution all pollute the spectacularly realised Dead End set. Bogey gives a menacing, but humane performance, but the real star is Clair Trevor in her brief but utterly brilliant scene.

5. Edward Morris's rating of the film Dead End

Lessons to be learnt from Dead End: Even if you are Humphrey Bogart, don't go back to your old neighbourhood after a successful career as a baddie because you'll find your mum doesn't love you and your old girlfriend has become a prostitute.

6. Gareth Jones's rating of the film Dead End

This was quite the mix with one half being a romantic drama and the other half a gangster flick. I enjoyed the grimy 1930s New York atmosphere and applaud the work that went into the detail of the set. All in all the film was okay but I didn't really take anything away from it.

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Dead End

Clearly based in a play but Wyler has the visual flair to keep the same set interesting throughout the film. Bogart is always great and the rest of the performances are good too. I enjoyed it despite the fact the usual 1930s melodrama in places

8. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Dead End

Great acting, slow-paced plot.

9. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Dead End

This is great! Just one story in a city of millions, a proper New York tale. Worth it for the gang od kids alone.

10. souslesoleil's rating of the film Dead End

Although Humphrey Bogart is as great as ever, the film is quite calm. The main characters, Drina and her brother are really interesting. The action is very 'baby proofed' as it was done in the 30s. Enjoyable in any case. Lovely when thought as a social commentary.

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film Dead End

Yeah, bit too melodramatic for me, forced and leaden

12. miles's rating of the film Dead End

Ok story, but tolands imagery is what scored top marks.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Dead End

Great image. The script and the acting did not transport me.

14. Joseph Howe's rating of the film Dead End

I love this kind of thing. Reminded me a bit like Do the Right Thing but with tensions between socioeconomic classes rather than ethnicities.

15. 'king Harold's rating of the film Dead End

'We all make mistakes, dat's why dey put rubber on the end of pencils!' I gave it 5 stars, it must be good, watch it .

16. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Dead End

An amazing cast shot by a godly cinematographer in one of classic Hollywood's most grandiose sets. A curious and vital exploration of social realism as an alternative to the usual romanticism of 1930s Hollywood filmmaking. One of Wyler's best and one of Bogart's most essential gems.

17. SpacePirate's rating of the film Dead End

A very underrated film featuring great performances by McCrea and Bogey. Worth checking it out

18. Log Lady's rating of the film Dead End

Based on a play, there's only one location, but it's used creatively with different angles etc. Sadly, I wasn't fond of the Dead End kids plot thread, because kids in prominent roles don't interest me that much. The overall story is verging on melodrama, but luckily McCrea, Sidney, and Bogart are all great. I've started to prefer Bogie's early roles, and here he achieves a lot with subtle facial expressions.

19. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Dead End

One of the most entertaining films I have ever seen.

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Dead End

Fantastic film! Watch it in addition to "400 Blows" and "Los Olvidados" and you'll get a pretty damn good portrayal of childhood in the midst of crime.