1. Superfrog's rating of the film Decalogue V

Graphically superb with a distinctive washed out vignetted look to it, The point on death penalty is welcome, the context of the main character building making the whole film rather extreme as a denunciation of death penalty. Or is it?

2. Ghostman's rating of the film Decalogue V

One of the most powerful THINGS ever made. I fought back tears but lost. Perhaps the most moral movie ever? Without a doubt the most devastating indictment made against violence and society in a film that I have ever seen.

3. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Decalogue V

4. Clayton's rating of the film Decalogue V

Really disliked the cinematography... I get that the vignette and green tint effects were probably intentionally used to evoke a rotten society trapped in a cycle of violence, but honestly I just found it distracting and ugly to look at. Wish the ugliness of the visuals enhanced the ugliness of the act and its reciprocation by the state, rather than distracting from it.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Decalogue V

Insoutenable, radicale, une oeuvre qui ne laisse aucun espoir... www.cinefiches.com

6. Boyuan123's rating of the film Decalogue V

7. ihor's rating of the film Decalogue V

A harrowing picture of late communist Poland and the brutality of human existence. Violence committed by man against man and man against state are presented in unadulterated terms. The texture of the environment is well developed through a green and dark tint that enhances the feeling of malaise. Humanity is present amidst this though with even minor characters being well developed in a fairly short film.

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Decalogue V

Such a departure in style from the previous episodes that you can see how it might be more natural as an expanded, separate feature (which it was). A lot of brilliance here, but I'm conflicted about Kieslowski sentimentalizing his killer in the last act. It could have been so much more provocative without it, because there's no denying the chilling horror of the finale, or doubting that it's a cry from the heart.

9. La quinta luna's rating of the film Decalogue V

10. A47's rating of the film Decalogue V

There is no understanding the ugly truth. Not without consequence.

11. Aardsy's rating of the film Decalogue V

Scaring away pigeons in the square...

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Decalogue V

"Thou shalt not kill". Is capital punishment revenge for the innocents? Look for the Eye of God staring Jacek throughout the whole episode. Masterpiece.

13. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Decalogue V

14. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Decalogue V

4.5/5. A complex examination of the morality of murder and the death penalty.

15. Kamran's rating of the film Decalogue V

Kieslowski draws on the hypocritical function of social laws, relationships, and power. The state as an ideological construct transcends the individual's responsibility to preserve life, yet itself is a machine created by individuals. Barcis appears twice, once with disapprobation and twice with concern. The unyielding grief which tends a boy's death makes monsters out of men. 96/100 - Masterful.

16. Landen Celano's rating of the film Decalogue V

Initially this felt overtly simplistic, but man does it ramp up the complexity by the end.

17. daftnymph's rating of the film Decalogue V

genuinely frightening and devastating

18. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Decalogue V

I think this film is one of the kinds of films one should watch at least once in her/his lifetime. Kieslowski is not only a great movie maker but also a great thinker and an artist with a broad sensitivity towards social and ethical issues of human kind.

19. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Decalogue V

20. esen özen's rating of the film Decalogue V

Yıllar önce, sanırım ilk gençliğime denk gelen bir dönemde televizyonda 'Öldürme Üzerine Kısa Bir Film' adıyla rastlamıştım bu filme. O zaman kimi ve neyi izlediğimi bilmeden ama büyük bir ilgiyle, bir o kadar da güçlükle seyrettiğimi anımsıyorum. Son sahnede bugün hissettiklerimi yine hissetmiştim bir de. Bende değişen pek bir şey olmamış anlaşılan Kieslowski sinemasına bakışımda.

21. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Decalogue V

what will happen If the irrelevant images use for creating an atmosphere full of with high tension ? '' The answer ; killing scene. I ve watched this film maybe 10 years ago and I didnt forget function of that horse , the man with bicycle , train.Those three are maybe a few seconds but they are making audiences nervous about inevitability.maybe inspiration of bresson , I ve felt same things in ''a man escaped''.

22. Alex Malex's rating of the film Decalogue V

Such a distinctive camera work, probably one of the best I've seen so far. A great movie, I hope I will have the strength to watch the whole Decalogue once again in my life.

23. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Decalogue V

Even this "shorter" version is a masterpiece just like its 84 minute sibling. One of the most effective pieces of cinema ever made

24. Victoria L.'s rating of the film Decalogue V

And that's why movies can be decision-makers.