1. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Der Samurai

Some beautiful shots, but overall very disappointing.

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Der Samurai

It isn't as intriguing, surreal, or witty as it could be, but it has good qualities. As we thankfully learn more-and-more about the main character gradually throughout the film, as Der Samurai flows profoundly, lacking long exposition. While some think the message is homoerotic or femininity, it uses these cultural constructs to comment on self-image and social image. Simply: what we think of ourselves, thus becomes.

3. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film Der Samurai

weird amateurish thing, but not in the way of the good "a girl walks home alone at night"

4. dave gunn's rating of the film Der Samurai

This is a truly bizarre film, a mash-up of genre film, and a true one-of-a-kind experience. Despite an overwhelming collage of potential symbolism, eerie and confusing surrealism, red herrings, and a blurred line between reality and imagination, it manages to be a semi-coherent thriller. I have a lot of questions that I suppose will never be answered, but maybe that works just fine in this one.

5. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Der Samurai

An intriguing and mesmerizing film that despite its short running time manages to conjure up an ominous and spellbinding atmosphere. The acting is good and the production work is solid. Direction and writing is confident but could have been tweaked a bit to really push the surreal and dreamlike qualities. Can't wait to see what the director does next.

6. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film Der Samurai

Make fun of my dress, prepare to die.

7. Pymo's rating of the film Der Samurai

When your gender is hunting you...

8. saitosouta's rating of the film Der Samurai

The fable of killing alter ego who is dressed in white & armed with Japanese sword (WTF?????).But it's more serious & well-constructed than I thought. BUT that MV-ish end is soooooooooo bad, Shucks !

9. msmichel's rating of the film Der Samurai

FNC '14 In the end its just your basic crossdressing, wolf hunting samurai film ! A young disrespected cop comes across a strange man In a white dress who reveals a samurai sword and begins to rain havoc on the surrounding area. The person seems to have a connection with a wolf that the locals have wanted caught/killed and begins a strange sort of seduction with the young officer. Strange, interesting and violent.