1. ceknklsn's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

91/100 (Neden bu kadar geç izledim diye film bitişinde kendime sordum. Ne kadar mükemmel ne kadar doğal bir film bu. Dersu'nun söylediği gibi tabiat gerçek bir canlı ve söylediklerimizi duyuyor. Dersu ve ona benzer insanların içindeki saflık temizlik hissini hissettiğimiz gibi doğa da bizim niyetimizi hissediyor. Captain Fantastic, Mandıra Filozofu vs 'nin yönetmenleri keşke bu filmi dikkatlice izleselerdi ! )

2. dordairobert's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

3. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

4. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Definitely the hidden gym in Kurosawa's career, but is it wrong to suggest this may be his best film?

5. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

6. Monasteries's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Classic Kurosawa in terms of visuals and aesthetic, then the most on-the-nose Soviet kitsch story took me out of that immersion.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Pur chef-d'oeuvre d'humanisme, d'une merveilleuse humilité avec une exceptionnelle prestation de l'acteur Maxime Mounzouk, inoubliable interprète d'un personnage magnifiquement hors du commun... www.cinefiches.com

8. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

I think there's a tendency to overrate this film because it's directed by Kurosawa. It was too long and the characters and their relationships are very underdeveloped. I was constantly being told how amazing Dersu is and how close he is with the captain; but I didn' actually see it. That's awful for a movie that has in its center precisely these two aspects. It felt very antiseptic.

9. Drew Kelly's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Subtle story and characters, all beautifully restrained with almost no close up. And awesome restrictive photography--often what we don't see leads to more tension and drama! There are many leitmotifs of restricted vision in this story, which I am still pondering about--how they function allegorically. It seems if more close-ups were used this film would register as melodrama. Without them it is more powerful.

10. B o g d a n's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

11. José Neves's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

It will be difficult to find in recent cinema an example of such lyrical pantheism, simultaneously concrete, unless we travel to the pioneering cinema of Swedish filmmakers Sjöström and Stiller and some American and Russian classic films. From a filmmaker who contributed to the modernity of Japanese cinema, it's amazing to watch this human cut in such spatiality - which was also a paradigm of the new Japanese cinema.

12. Miguel Duarte's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

13. Kevin Costner's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

The deep friendship between two men

14. madnuge's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Ο κινέζος Μόγλης και τα μυστικά της χαρτογραφίας: Η ΤΑΙΝΙΑ

15. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

17. marina's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

me wantz to be with dersu in the wild

18. Bahadır Karadağ's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

dersu'nun kapitanı kurtardığı sahne müthiş.

19. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

"The film is about a failed master-disciple relationship." - Stephen Prince, The Warrior's Camera

20. nejurgi's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

21. emichan's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

22. Mubiey's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Impressing, breathtaking film

23. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

Atmosphere and deeply fascinating characters. Beautiful film.

24. Kargardon's rating of the film Dersu Uzala

A true masterpiece from Master himself Akira Korosowa.