1. xrystyna's rating of the film Double Take

the cold war storyline surely was impressive, but all in all this film tried to tell us too much

2. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Double Take

Grimonprez and McCarthy are a couple of very knowing characters, so it's no surprise that they made such a knowing film together. Still, as amusing and clever as their cold war critique/pastiche/piss-take consistently is, it nevertheless feels a bit forced and faded, as dated in its way as the Folgers ads it recurringly mocks. Not quite fresh-perked, this cuppa postmodernism.

3. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Double Take

Unique exploration of cold-war politics using the rich field of Hitchcockology as a template.

4. Noah Lethbridge's rating of the film Double Take

Really crafty and smart. I wish there was more of the double.

5. El Biffo's rating of the film Double Take

"If I could just make a decent cup of coffee, I could relax". Any film featuring Laika, the cosmonaut dog, gets at least 3.8 stars from me. 3.8 stars!

6. forksclovetofu's rating of the film Double Take

Barely narrative but still engaging, this deft and subtle bit of collage blends historical footage of the cold war, space race and Cuban missile crisis with Hitchcock's The Birds, television shows and advertisements, a pseudo-interpolated Borges short story and a credit roll that rapidly struggles to suggest little has changed since Sputnik went up. Utterly timely but a bit difficult and only moderately rewarding.

7. mjgildea's rating of the film Double Take

I'm not exactly sure what the hell was supposed to be going on here but once I was no longer disoriented I kind of enjoyed it. Double Take definitely got an emotional reaction out of me (ganking the score from Psycho did most of the work) and by the end I didn't mind any of the nonsense along the way.

8. Mimzilla's rating of the film Double Take

"They say if you meet your double... you must kill him."

9. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film Double Take

If only I could make a decent cup of coffee...

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Double Take

Grimonprez' meta-doc has prelingerian mood. There's also a bit of Paul Virilio - e.g. media and war, the discussion on what matters more, space exploration or television (obviously, television: => as we all know popular culture killed Communism in the Eastern block). Good stuff.

11. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Double Take

It gets off to an uneasy start, trying to interweave conventions of the archival documentary with post-modern pontificating. But eventually does coalesce into a very engrossing experimental work, though some elements are more compelling than others. Flawed, but fascinating.

12. Garry Eunson's rating of the film Double Take

This only just works as a film. But it was well worth watching, as good in it's way, as "The Fog of war".