1. andretz's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

2. José Neves's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

TV, rewatched. It couldn't be more different from Bresson's "Un condamné à mort s'est échappé" either in style either in its inner dimension - let's call it "philosophical" - but in fact, as in that film, "the wind blows where it wishes", only here in accordance with the rules of a rigorous industrial system and Siegel dynamics, the one that was the closest to Walsh and Fuller: camera, action and fall.

3. Paul Relf's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

One of the best prison movies ever. I never get bored of this.

4. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

much praise to don siegel, but i hope i find clint eastwood in hell

5. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

6. Ethan's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

This is a decent prison escape film that is based on a true story.

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

8. MrArkan's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

9. André Vieira's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

Very engaging and intense. Nice camera work too. I really dig the contrast between the shadows of the cell and the light that comes from the ceiling when they're in the cafeteria.

10. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

Come on, guys. This movie is 26-years-old, got one of the finest actors and one of the most successful directors on board. And still, even in this present time it is the synonym for, the crown jewel of and the symbol for escape-/prison-movies. Just to put the things in the right light!

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

12. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

é alright. mas não sou much of a don siegel fan

13. Comadozer's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

Choppy and fabulously cheesy and a few scenes of sustained tension and intrigue. Finger chops, mice pets, paper mâché lunacy, raincoat boats and heady characters make for a theatre performance. Clint (and Siegel) can't quite escape Harry's ghost in this one.

14. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

15. mjgildea's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

A good prison movie, but just an alright movie for me. It felt like The Shawshank Redemption meets Dirty Harry, which isn't inappropriate considering the talent involved. I saw bits & parts of this when I was a kid and remember Eastwood's prosthetic head always freaked me out, which ironically creeps me out more as an adult. I liked the character study end pre-escape plan as well as the open ending, too.

16. Murat Benbanaste's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

Solid drama with nice directing and critique of "the system". Shawshank Redemption seems like a remake of this - I didn't know.

17. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

A very solid and straightforward look at this "true" story that has only as much dialogue and music as necessary. Surprisingly focuses on life in prison before Eastwood stumbles onto a plan. And while it doesn't reinvent the prison film, this is an exciting and solid thriller from beginning to end.

18. tibber's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

A movie where guys have a job to do, and get it done, with no bullshitting around. Nearly perfect.

19. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

is there such thing as TOO suspenseful???? i felt like stopping watching cos it was too tense eeeeeeeee. but yes it was good

20. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

"But, painting’s all I have!" is about the time my heart broke. And then it broke a little more.

21. zifone's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

epic 80/100, clint eastwood never failed a movie, neither actor, nor director

22. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

Eastwood and Siegel's final film together is a cold, steely step-by-step prison escape film, nothing more, nothing less. Shot on Alcatraz Island, expensive and high profile, there's no denying the thrilling nature of an impossible mission splayed out in precision, chilling detail.

23. nowhere_fast's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

24. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Escape from Alcatraz

While Siegel's riveting film is Hollywood mainstream and stars the then no.1 box-office draw (or was that Burt Reynolds?), it has more in common, in its austerity, with A MAN ESCAPED and LE TROU. This is what I want in a prison film - the sense of isolation and a life drained of meaning. Not simply, the soap opera of drama queens. It's a matter of emphasis - here, as it should be - the prisoner vs the building.