1. Jim's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

★★★ / 35mm / Kubrick’s final film is a piece of beautiful quirky oddness, a film remaining on the surface, full of icy stares, a parade of nude mannequins, glowing Xmas lights, droll dialogue, momentarily deepened only once by Kidman’s stunning stoned free form confession that evokes dangerous emotion. To me, the humor seems off, the teenage vixen overplayed, the orgy center piece more parody then atmospheric.

2. 9DarkMistress2's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

I ADORE the eery initiation scene when the priest is swinging his incense and doing a creepy chant while going in a circle giving the naked women in masks the blessing to "go and play" As usual, Kubrick shocks and mistifies us. This movie was a real treat.

3. lofisofi's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

pretty sure this is Kubrick's best movie

4. MisterColo93's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

5. fahmi khoirussani's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

pembacaan khalayak bahwa film ini merupakan soal kubrick yang ngode tentang konspirasi tai kucing sungguh superficial. sex scene featuring nicole kidman yang justru jadi suram serta ritual sekte orgy, membuat akan lebih adil apabila film ini dimaknai sebagai usaha kubrick untuk membicarakan keluarga, relasi manusia, serta institusi perkawinan

6. dionysus67's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

As an essay on the act of viewing, Kubrick's swan song makes its point and accomplishes its task: the hyperreal Christmas bulbs, the enigmatic lascivious gazes wrapped up in bourgeois manners create the appropriate semantic distance to see the film on a meta-cinematic level. Yet, the viewing about how we view capitulates quickly into the contrived plot and the poorly delivered orgy sequences. Not without interest.

7. Ralphesque's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

8. Richard Tines's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

When your wife admits she once felt overwhelming lust towards another man, the only thing you honestly can do is go on a dark, psychosexual Odyssey around NYC...bonus, features Kubrick's final one word advice on what to do with said lust, world!

9. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Atmospheric dream journey through emotions and our need for sex. Excellent edited and directed with the usual fantastic use of classic music that Kubrick could use to great effect in his movies. Great acting. too. The funniest thing with this film was how the censors tampered with sex scenes and added CGI in front of the orgy sequences. Now 10 years later, we have "worse" sex in one single cable TV episode.

10. cineholic's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

10/10. Kubrick's late masterpiece. EYES WIDE SHUT is an odd, entrancing nightmare about emasculation. Tom Cruise's Dr. Bill is consistently and hysterically occupied with money, status, and the women he should want to sleep with, all the while terrified by his wife's admission of sexual desire. Possibly my favorite Nicole Kidman performance. A must-see film, whose cryptic nature improves on rewatches.

11. Blue Roses's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

12. Bob's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Exploration of intimacy that resides in the bedroom - and creeps among halls, chambers and headquarters - is told in a kafkaesque, almost surreal fashion. Christmas lights and interior warmth operate as an aesthetic paradox to a sinister environment where one can be "checked out" over a course of one night. What is distinctly frightening is that below everything mentioned above, lies the imitation of life.

13. FadhillaMutiara's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

14. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

15. xer vokun's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

16. Comadozer's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

17. hellobonjour's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

3.5 for cinematography and maybe another reason

18. Blumes's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Kubrick's Twin Peaks (re-assessment on a rewatch)

19. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

First saw this before I even knew who Kubrick was, and what stuck with me the most was the eerie piano music when Cruise was being followed. Years later came my obsession with Kubrick, and that remained my favorite moment of the film. And the sex cult.

20. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Needs to be revisited, but a recent analysis video by Nerdwriter1 on Youtube has totally changed my perspective on the film. One of Kubrick's most ambitious. If he hadn't created a string of perfect movies before this, it would be remembered as a masterpiece.

21. Eli K's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Secret societies are real and, for some, they are no good.

22. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

23. João Portalegre's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

2.5 it might just be my favorite kubrick, though

24. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Eyes Wide Shut

Kubrick is defeated by his two plastic stars. Lots to look at but nothing to savor.