1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film First Blood

Simple, but palpable; it retains a consistent base tension and manages to evoke just enough beyond the sum of its parts to fit into a political ethos the likes of which was established by 'Platoon', 'Apocalypse, Now' and other such films. Stallone's ending monologue basically says all that the film wants to get across. It's a shame that Rambo came to typify violent, masculine fantasy in films.

2. Polyglot's rating of the film First Blood

This is the most anti-war movie of the 80's.

3. anarresti's rating of the film First Blood

In Portugal this is called "Rambo" and the sequels "Rambo II", "Rambo III" etc.. So I mistook the 2008 Rambo for this. And it's about all I have to say about Rambo. I was very surprised to see what seems to me like a Rambo rehabilitation. I still dislike it a lot. As a kid I did not like it and the aversion only grew.

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film First Blood

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film First Blood

6. MAO1's rating of the film First Blood

Déjenlo ir a su casa x el amor de Dios

7. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film First Blood

8. Yayo's rating of the film First Blood

He was just a kid. They did first blood, it's not your fault Rambo </3

9. Bilouaustria's rating of the film First Blood

Re-watched for the first time after twenty years. Quite a surprise ! Another strong feature for the Australian Ted Kocheff, maybe even better than "Wake in Fright". Stallone gives a heavy-hearted-one-of-a-kind performance. Explosive cocktail of action and clever directing like the 1980s could give you (think Friedkin for instance).

10. Guillaume Btr's rating of the film First Blood

Un actionner contemplatif, c'est quand même fou. A la fois survival de grande qualité, avec ce côté artisanal qui fait tout le charme; Et puis à côté des décors somptueux, dans des montagnes je-ne-sais-où. Stallone incarne bien ce gaillard, ancien béret vert sans trop d'esprit que la guerre a brisé, devenu rejeton de l'Amérique. Juste la fin déçoit, avec la surenchère d'explosions inutile.

11. Jim Fear's rating of the film First Blood

12. James Mackin's rating of the film First Blood

An incredibly underrated Stallone film, arguably the best he ever did. Sure Rocky contributed the montage and Mr. T and all that jazz, but this is an interesting film about war, and the long term effects. Stallone plays fantastically in this, and I highly recommend this for all. Also, much better than the other Rambo films.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film First Blood

14. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film First Blood

I put off watching this because I hated the latest Rambo, but here Stallone's character has substance, and the growing tension between his ex-vietnam vet and a small town police department is played out effectively, the action being thrilling and well directed, and John Rambo being the likable anti-hero pulled into a bad situation. His ending monologue where he breaks down in front of his commander is also touching.

15. Star Lord's rating of the film First Blood

Capitolo 1. Il migliore a mio avviso.

16. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film First Blood

Seul contre tous. One man against all. Loved it for the same stupid reason that make me like Death Wish with Charles BRONSON and Falling Down with Michael DOUGLAS.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film First Blood

Teasle's resentment and contempt towards Rambo is never established so the story just comes off as a fucking joke. The dialogue is laughable, the acting is caricature at best. The locations are lovely and just made me want to watch 'Twin Peaks' instead

18. SlinkyLi's rating of the film First Blood

Solid Stallone doesn't act too hard; a nice variety of sequences

19. Janae's rating of the film First Blood

20. Samuel T.'s rating of the film First Blood

Re-view. After like nearly 30 years. American masterpiece. I'm double featuring this with Bob Clark's DEATHDREAM for sure. Yes, this is big American camera-action. It's also radical commentary on the effects of Vietnam. And highly entertaining. Part 2 was my childhood favorite (and almost for certain a lesser film). Regardless, sorry people, I'm sticking with John Rambo. He has no other option except to h(a)unt you.

21. suede's rating of the film First Blood

"Dey drew first blood. Not me." The most immoral thing we heard from teachers in elementary school was that they didn't care who started. John Rambo in 1982 is by far the most likeable, back-to-basics, troubled, credibly megasuper hero I know apart from Bourne. This is as much about disrespect, degradation, war traumatization, and aloneness as it is about action. Yet the action is excellent. A special movie. 8/10.

22. Steve G.'s rating of the film First Blood

Outstanding action adventure that may have been overshadowed by its brasher and dafter sequel years later, but is still more than thrilling enough in its own right. Sylvester Stallone balances strength and subtlety in ways he has rarely managed (or needed to manage) since while Brian Dennehy's obsessive cop shows you why he spent way too many years in crap TV movies. You'll be glad they pushed him.

23. paulparadiis's rating of the film First Blood

What a brilliant action movie. And it has so much more than just action.

24. tylergfoster's rating of the film First Blood

the only Rambo movie that matters