1. Richard Tines's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

A comedic, avant-garde documentary about fishing with John Lurie... replete with off the wall sound effects and music, goofy dialogue, and homages to films past, this is a take on those fishing shows you might find flipping channels at two in the morning....

2. Chearth's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

3. Aardsy's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

One of the stranger things I've seen.

4. Matt Pastor's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

5. Madelene's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

6. James C's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

7. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

8. Adam GR's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Inspirational in so many ways.

9. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Is a tv show a movie? if criterion picks it up I think so... Like Tanner '88... but yeah, this one is simply spectacular.

10. Jimmy G's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Best TV show ever. Is this the only TV show that Criterion has released?

11. Andy Cucumber's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

"even birds seem to sense the tension"

12. Dominic Simard-Jean's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

the greatest 25 minutes in the history of television

13. NICOLE86's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

"When it comes to the shark, man is on his menu"

14. film_lies101's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Greatest late nite talk show ever

15. lions share's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

"both fishermen are covered with sores and boners"

16. color'd's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

I just watched two episodes of this today and it is one of the most bizarrely hilarious shows I've ever seen

17. All Is Grace's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

What a peaceful TV show... I like to watch all episodes again!

18. mjgildea's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Fans of random humor and all around cleverness should love this. You can tell that most of the magic happened in the recording booth and the editing room but a total blast nonetheless...

19. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

I loved the episode with Willem Dafoe and his performance of childlike glee and enthusiasm. Or was it real?

20. Tobin.'s rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

One of the funniest shows I've ever seen. The ice fishing with Willem Dafoe is my favorite.

21. Special Agent Dale Cooper's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

I haven't seen a better TV show than Fishing With John. Absolutely amazing and funny. Must See... I mean, it isn't as good as Twin Peaks though

22. Kurt Walker's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Tacho has transformed himself! Ahh... Fishing.

23. Nicholas Tinsley's rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Just rewatched the first four today. I love them so much, and the commentaries are great, getting to hear about how nearly everyone John took fishing didn't talk to him for years afterwards. Hard to say, but given the uniqueness of these, it was probably worth it.

24. Jon B.'s rating of the film Fishing with John: Episode 1 - Montauk with Jim Jarmusch

Such a great show! It's disappointing that most shows now aren't nearly as funny even with superior budgets and technology.