1. Tigrão's rating of the film Frantz

Very moving film about loss and love, acted with subtlety.

2. Eliza Lupu's rating of the film Frantz

"-Do you like this painting too? -Yes, it makes me want to live."

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Frantz

WWI tale of misfired love, which suffers from all the vices of a 'wanna-be' art film. Contrived in the way the twist is delivered with convnetionally 'stylish' b/w photography empty of any signification, it is too placid for its own good. A further problem concerns the many close ups on Niney as if Ozon wants to impose on the viewer the deception in the plot. Talents are wasted in this overated film, including Beer.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Frantz

I like the way François Ozon plays with our prejudices: Can you swear that you didn't presume Frantz and Adrien to be lovers in the first part of the film? Strongly recommended.

5. Jorge Negrete's rating of the film Frantz

Claude Autant Lara's "Vertigo"

6. rksw's rating of the film Frantz

I very much hate this film

7. Shantal Abrego's rating of the film Frantz

Es emocional sin ser cursi. La influencia de los idiomas como parte del lenguaje en el film, así como los paisajes y ciudades, transmiten la historia en distintos planos.

8. Dimitris Jb's rating of the film Frantz

went in for a snooze but was caught by surprise

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Frantz

To the victor go the spoils, which in this case is a very lovely German woman. The law of the caveman says: I kill your husband and you come with me. Only it's modernized. He just wants forgiveness, which isn't very manly, but very Christian of him. It seems like she talks herself into wanting him, given all the bad choices around her. I particularly liked that everything was understated. Ozon is a master.

10. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Frantz

Guilt, regret, forgiveness, reconciliation, nationalism, love, death – Ozon’s film doesn’t shy away from big themes. And like a great script writer should, Ozon weaves them all around two main characters, or should I say just one main character, that is Anna, beautifully portrayed by Paula Beer (can’t wait to see her next film). Emotional, melancholic, tragic, very humane.

11. wi.bi's rating of the film Frantz

dramatic in elegant and emotional way. one of my favorite this year. twisty but not cheesy. soapy but not silly,

12. bitterMoo's rating of the film Frantz

Ozon elegant and so very beautiful

13. Loz Loory's rating of the film Frantz

3.5 Gorgeous cinematography. Could easily be trimmed by 20 minutes. Audience is way ahead of plot in first part, as so many clues Adrien is not telling the truth. Then it takes an interminable amount of time for Ana to go away. Grateful for the non-storybook ending, and for the vision of an unmarried woman able to exist on her own.

14. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Frantz

Formidable! This is about how nationalism ruins individuals, families & societies. And about the toll that war takes on winners & losers, survivors & victims. For a long time I wrongly thought this is also about homosexuality. The first half is stronger than the second; but nonetheless overall it is a powerful movie; elegant, calm, wistful and full of beauty. I could feel the pain, regrets, sorrows.. 4,5 stars.

15. nematomaranka's rating of the film Frantz

16. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Frantz

oddly enough, the ending took me by surprise

17. hubertguillaud's rating of the film Frantz

Intense. Austère. D'un grand classicisme et en même temps parfaitement surprenant, Ozon livre un film de deuil, de mensonge et d'amour, un mélo tout en retenu et presque suranné... et qui pourtant étonne par sa délicatesse à mesure qu'il progresse. Reste qu'on a l'impression d'un exercice de style, qui demeure très froid. distant... presque désincarné. Ozon est le cinéaste des grands écarts.

18. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Frantz

This film achieves maximum impact through subtlety Like a great book there are many reversals and one of the more Interesting uses of color in a long time to make the characters real and immediate to us.

19. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Frantz

I am usually not a big fan of François Ozon but have to admit this film is really good and a beautiful way to speak about reconciliation and forgiveness within Europe. Set after the first world war a French man travels to Germany and spends some time on the tomb of a fallen German soldier. This mystery - why he is doing this in a rather hostile environment - slowly enfolds but never quite the expected way.

20. Renton47's rating of the film Frantz

I kept thinking Frantz felt like a reserved version of some great 30's drama - not surprised to find that is the case. Reserved occasionally to the point of blandness, but always with an astute compassion for emotions in a reserved climate. Its gentle humanism lifted by some affecting twists and excellent rhythm (esp. first section), and a reminder that honesty can be a selfish act.

21. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film Frantz

22. Michel's rating of the film Frantz

It starts interestingly enough as an exploration of grief, identity and guilt but quickly devolves into a kinda dull unrequited love story.

23. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Frantz

Another fascinating screenplay and a well-directed film by Ozon. Very, very delightful photography and editing of color vs b/w. Actress Paula Beer is remarkable, recalling the late Romy Schneider in parts.

24. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Frantz

Excellent film. I'm not sure how else to phrase it.