1. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Pip Chodorov is lucky, and he sure knows it since he has a personal connection with most of these authors. Like he says near the end, he only scratched the surface with this film, but i'm happy for choices he made. A must watch for anyone interested in the genre

2. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

A very personal and therefore kind of narrowed glance at the (American / New York) history of experimental film, but nonetheless worth watching if you are interested in this subject - and if you don't care about missing some serious background Information on cultural contexts.

3. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

4. zi's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

I'm glad for this. It's a look into a world I sort've knew must've existed, but didn't know what form it took. Thank you.

5. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Chodorov does yeoman's work, and I am very grateful to him for it, and for this film. The film's title is unfortunate and small-visioned, as is the film itself, which gets in the way, like Ismailos's, and I keep wanting to say "Down in front!" I don't mind seeing through their eyes if it is clearly framed as a personal essay, but I do not want to look over their shoulder. Worthy subject; too bad about the frame.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

7. msmichel's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Director Pip Chodorov grew up amongst the most influential of experimental film gurus and this warm and reflective documentary captures both the work and the filmmakers in a satisfying way. Though this may well be a film more for the cineaste its also an interesting stepping stone to discovering the pleasures of underground and experimental film.

8. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

This film has a bit of a taste of a school essay 'how I spent the summer', not sure how to explain this in better words. Maybe, because 'I' is part of the film. Maybe, because there are only those filmmakers who were somehow in the life of director of this film. But all of this is not a crime. Still nice and light look at experimental cinema.

9. Austin Hurt's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Free Radicals is a truly wonderful learning experience about the history of experiential film. Pip Chodorov does an amazing job interviewing and showing the audience past and present short experiential films. However, Chodorov also the narrator of the film has an almost lifeless voice. This is a major drawback to the documentary. Although, I do suggest any that are big fans of films watch this documentary.

10. Jessica Daugherty's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Misses the women, but a great homage and inspiring collection of interviews, beautiful footage, and love for film.

11. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

(2.5 stars) It's very well-intentioned film. The directors all seem really into their creative process. It was interesting to see this explanation of this type of cinema. Ultimately, I was bored to tears with this doc, but that's my own personal interest in this type of film peeking through. For people who like experimental film, this would be a good behind-the-scenes look at the creative minds at work in this field.

12. Ghostman's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

a structure-less but interesting doc, probably only because of the subjects themselves

13. Anthony Kane's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Works as a simple history, but with little to no analysis of these films or what made them so much a departure from mainstream cinema. I appreciate it for seeing some pieces that I have not seen before. Besides that, there isn't much here that's essential viewing.

14. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

Not a history. Ken Jacobs FTW, tho.

15. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

★★★★ funny creativity.

16. dana danger's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

It more accurately could be called "A History of Anthology Film Archives," which is still great and worth documenting, but it's (obviously) not really a wide overview of experimental film. Some great interviews - Ken Jacobs and Robert Breer in particular. Wanted way more Brakhage.

17. Paul RCHTT's rating of the film Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film

It really deserves to be released.