1. lasers8oclock's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The least Kubricky Kubrick. Feels like two unique films squashed together. Hard to put a number on

2. tum tum trá trá's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Goodbye my sweetheart, hello vietnam. Here we can see Kubrick's best feature, the ability of synthesise a movie genre and a time period in a single film.

3. Robert Franco's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

4. Rulfhi Rulfhi's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Pada menit-menit awal saya digiring dengan percakapan-percakapan yang kadang tegas tapi terkesan lucu. Hingga kemudian saya mulai merasakan dilema, ketika ada seorang prajurit yang tak pernah bisa mandiri, harus selalu dibantu dan dimotivasi. Namun nyatanya si prajurit merasa tertekan sampa menembak komandannya dan bunuh diri. Film yang dilematis dari seorang prajurit marinir.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The entire first half of the movie where the recruits are drilled for Vietnam action by the hard R.Lee Ermey is fantastic and the best part of the film as Vincent D'Onofrio is transformed from a dim-witted and nice big boy to a brainwashed killer. The second film disappoint by going the traditional war movie route but also show how war criminality is easy when one is scared and trapped in the middle. Powerful.

6. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

7. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

I wish it were more about the Vietnamese victims of the war than its American casualties, tho I appreciate that the killing of the sniper (Ngoc Le) at the end of the film signals the impossible cultural divide that exists for an American filmmaker trying to communicate the Vietnamese experience of the war. All the same, probably the war film I respect the most as it neither glorifies nor lectures. A chilling machine.

8. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

9. pintobean's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Brilliant. The model for scores of war dramas since I'm sure (Jarhead and Tigerland come to mind) but effortlessly unique with its smart dialogue and Kubrick's amazing direction.

10. Sofia's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

I liked it until the point one of the boys shoots himself in the bathroom. After that it becomes a silly war movie with no content what's so ever.

11. Marco's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

12. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

5 stars for the first half, 3 for the second one

13. João R's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Crude (mainly in the first arc) yet darkly soft in its way of portraying such disturbing matters. Maybe that's why it works so well even though its two halves seem unbalanced (I prefer the first half). But, in the end, it all works as a whole.

14. petar lazarov's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

15. Terri Wise's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Three and a half stars. The first half is dark and awful and amazing. The second half gets at the absurdity of the war, but somehow lacks the punch of the first half.

16. berat bayer's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

i was bored when i saw it for the first time, like 8 or 9 years ago. today i rewatched and really liked it.

17. FISCHER's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Percutant et incontournable ! www.cinefiches.com

18. Cinemabust's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

1st part - Yes 2nd part - No No

19. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

First part - Amazing Second part - sigh

20. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The first film I remember truly disturbing me as a child.

21. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Still modern today, all too modern

22. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

23. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The message of dehumanization of soldiers would have been more effective if the characters didn't feel mostly emotionless from the start.Even the protagonist was flat.Who are these men?Dehumanization and the consequences of killing are given themes in a war movie.I expected Kubrick to present those themes in a more distinctive way.This film feels kind of hollow but it has its good moments, especially in the 1st part.

24. João Ricardo's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Great first half. Terribly boring second half.