1. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

2. pintobean's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Brilliant. The model for scores of war dramas since I'm sure (Jarhead and Tigerland come to mind) but effortlessly unique with its smart dialogue and Kubrick's amazing direction.

3. Marco's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

4. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

5 stars for the first half, 3 for the second one

5. João R's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Crude (mainly in the first arc) yet darkly soft in its way of portraying such disturbing matters. Maybe that's why it works so well even though its two halves seem unbalanced (I prefer the first half). But, in the end, it all works as a whole.

6. petar lazarov's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

7. Terri Wise's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Three and a half stars. The first half is dark and awful and amazing. The second half gets at the absurdity of the war, but somehow lacks the punch of the first half.

8. berat bayer's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

i was bored when i saw it for the first time, like 8 or 9 years ago. today i rewatched and really liked it.

9. FISCHER's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Percutant et incontournable ! www.cinefiches.com

10. Cinemabust's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

1st part - Yes 2nd part - No No

11. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

First part - Amazing Second part - sigh

12. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The first film I remember truly disturbing me as a child.

13. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Still modern today, all too modern

14. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

15. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

The message of dehumanization of soldiers would have been more effective if the characters didn't feel mostly emotionless from the start.Even the protagonist was flat.Who are these men?Dehumanization and the consequences of killing are given themes in a war movie.I expected Kubrick to present those themes in a more distinctive way.This film feels kind of hollow but it has its good moments, especially in the 1st part.

16. João Ricardo's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Great first half. Terribly boring second half.

17. ermete polpette's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

18. arcondicionado's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

19. jananonloso's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Rawness and coldness and what war does to people are brilliantly shown! Even though there is so much crudity in the characters, the film isn't presented in a raw way, but it's stylized and dramatized!

20. evanfrq's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

I just came for sergeant drill 9gag meme

21. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

Il Vietnam, insieme ad Apocalypse Now

22. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

23. gld48's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

A good Vietnam movie. Not great but good. The first Kubrick movie that I've haven't freaked out over.

24. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Full Metal Jacket

3-4. I think the model-free nature of the thing is what struck me most about the nature of this movie. That it folds in on itself and becomes kind of a meta mockumentary about the Vietnam War is something I wasn't really expecting. The meaning of the thing didn't especially resonate with me, partly because I've seen a lot of the same points made elsewhere, but it's good for what it is.