1. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Godzilla

200 stuntmen & 300 graphic artists in the credits & for the rest there isn't much to remember, maybe the classic ending shot of the Big Beast who returns to the San Francisco Bay once its mission accomplished. == 200 cascadeurs & 300 artistes graphiques au générique et pour le reste y a rien, peut-être le classique plan final de la Bébête qui s'en retourne dans la Baie de San Francisco, une fois sa mission accomplie.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Godzilla

*1/2. B movie that cost a lot.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Godzilla

One Blockbuster remake already a flop, why go through the rigmarole of another one. Admittedly, great box office returns.

4. nargs_au's rating of the film Godzilla

Wasn't interesting enough to hold my attention, 30mins in was my limit here, spent the rest playing on my phone while watching, monster scenes were cool, military ones we're boring.

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Godzilla

A part quelques trucages bienvenus, rien à retenir de cette pénible production américaine, traversée de personnages sans aucune densité psychologique réelle, s'agitant dans de fallacieuses situations ineptes et stupides, échafaudées par un scénariste perclus dans une insondable bêtise et une galopante débilité. www.cinefiches.com

6. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Godzilla

Yes the dialogue is hokey which drives some poor performances, but the visuals and the set pieces are pure cinema.

7. runfromfire's rating of the film Godzilla

On paper I understand why hiring Gareth Edwards made sense but I think his make-a-monster-movie-into-a-character-study approach was a tactical error here. This isn't a nameless, faceless monster in the distance - it's friggin' Godzilla. Not focusing on the big guy is (part of) what made Godzilla 98 a shitshow. This was significantly better but still nothing more than action schlock. Nice seeing Ken Watanabe though.

8. jonijtr's rating of the film Godzilla

Aaron Taylor-Johnson's acting is one of the most cringeworthy acting I've ever seen

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Godzilla

Bryan Cranston isn't in this that much, and it kinda misunderstands what it is about Godzilla that makes him interesting.

10. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Godzilla

11. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film Godzilla

STOP GETTING GODZILLA WRONG. The final battle was OK.

12. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Godzilla

Reverence to techniques popularized by JAWS that audiences have had 40 years to grow tired of and a catastrophic bumbling of the POV character leaves this movie feeling like a feature length teaser trailer. But my audience cheered when Godzilla merked MUTO with the atomic breath so...

13. elenagallen's rating of the film Godzilla

Prehistoric dragon saves America from the attack of an asiatic radioactive coach-roach? Are we still there?

14. Nino Lasso's rating of the film Godzilla

I'm not one to dismiss some mindless, CGI fun then and again, and this was a really fun flick, back in the day. Although a few traces of Honda's original vision remain, long gone is the ominous subtext that warns about the horrors of nuclear war and humanity's folly of playing with nature. No sir, nature is badass, nukes are too, and you should get some popcorn and watch them do all the job.

15. Mr Ton Ton's rating of the film Godzilla

Tidak ada nilai bintang jatuh.

16. João Abreu's rating of the film Godzilla

17. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Godzilla

The writers go back to 1954 Ground Zero, following a regular (GI) Joe on a windy parallel course with Godzilla until all kaiju hell breaks loose & both offer themselves as sacrifice. In that way the structure is perfect, with subtext & a dramatic focus on human characters. But somehow, what makes it good also makes it 'meh'. Is human life at stake? Is freedom? The answer is: meh. We probably don't care anymore.

18. F-BOMB's rating of the film Godzilla

As an ever-suffering Godzilla fan, I appreciate its strict adherence to the usual Godzilla formula (especially the fantastic monster sound design), but by sticking so closely to Toho's style, it suffers the same weaknesses so many previous Godzilla films do. Legendary/Warner's $160 million budget buys you great CGI and camerawork, but the same old undeveloped characters and story with nothing to say.

19. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Godzilla

Monster movie the way it should be

20. Oscar Gomez's rating of the film Godzilla

El homenaje que le hicieron a Godzilla en esta entrega es fantástico, como lo hacen parecer misterioso, el manejo de sombras y luces empleadas es mravilloso, algo digno de admirar, sin embargo hay pequeños bajones dentro de la película que te llegan a aburrir un poco. Muchos se quejan de lo forma en que Godzilla fue tomado, sin embargo así es como era el verdadero Rey de los monstruos, el protegía a los humanos.

21. Hyldre's rating of the film Godzilla

Décevant quand on a vu Monsters... Où sont passés les humains si touchants de son premier film ? Où est passé cette montée d'émotions et d'émerveillement qu'il avait réussi à installer ? Je reste persuadée qu'il a été bridé par un cahier des charges hollywoodien qui a foutu en l'air son travail. Il reste, tout de même, quelques séquences particulièrement bien tenues... heureusement.

22. unearthly_red's rating of the film Godzilla

23. Cátia Pereira's rating of the film Godzilla

Well, Godzilla is unrealistically big. If he was smaller, the movie would be a little more thrilling and scary while the fighting scenes wouldn't look so much like a videogamed battle between huge dinosaurs.

24. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film Godzilla

Boring movie, I expected more, but it wasn´t.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7