1. soniczny's rating of the film Gosford Park

"Isobel McCordle: Is Rupert here? Lady Sylvia McCordle: Yes. Isobel McCordle: Shall I go and say hello? Lady Sylvia McCordle: No. I don't think so."

2. Pierre.F's rating of the film Gosford Park

Grand film. Plongée dans l'univers de la bourgeoisie anglaise lors d'une parti de chasse. C'est un film avant tout très efficace tant au niveau des dialogues que des images : on passe de l'univers des domestiques, à celui des maîtres avec beaucoup de dextérité. Nombreux souvenirs cinématographiques et littéraires entre Agatha Christie ou La règle du jeu de Renoir.

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Gosford Park

4. Paul La Board's rating of the film Gosford Park

Comédie humaine, drame social; la bo est excellente.

5. Jason's rating of the film Gosford Park

I wasn't a big fan when it came out. I balked at what I then remember calling its "pop psychologizing." Gee whiz. If anything has ever been a pretext, then the murder mystery and attendant suppressed pathologies here are absolutely pretexts. Pretexts to exult in the potentiality of the cinematographic apparatus and a handful of genius actors. Why doesn't Geraldine Somerville get more and better work? Love her.

6. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Gosford Park

This is about the lifestyle of the british aristocracy, people with a lot of money; but with bad, beastly manners. Or, about bondmaids & bondmen treated as slaves in 'modern times'. The movie perfectly captures these relations & dependencies. Hunting, partying, amusement, dinner set-ups, clothing. Athmospherically nicely done. Only as a subsidiary matter the issue of sexual abuse comes up. But it's all about abuse.

7. ammar's rating of the film Gosford Park

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Gosford Park

In which Altman has the chutzpah to invite comparisons to Renoir and actually comes out looking pretty good. This is his last great film, a wonderfully orchestrated mass of humanity where the heart and soul of the film—Kelly MacDonald—also becomes the ideal detective because she's the only one who really absorbs what she's witnessing. Fun in-joke: the way American filmmakers are shown as interlopers.

9. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Gosford Park

Tastefully relentless comedy.

10. Joyce's rating of the film Gosford Park

"It's all a great bore, of course, but I don't want to miss anything."

11. film_lies101's rating of the film Gosford Park

First 1/2 hour I was really disliking this film. Then after the first night fell, I started to warm to it. The gossiping, fucking each other (literally & figuratively, & cattiness became a great deal of fun. It's like ultra posh Jerry Springer. Too many amazing performances to name, the script sometimes tries to be too on the nose at times. The murder is a red herring folks

12. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Gosford Park

The writing is not nearly so clever as it thinks it is.

13. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Gosford Park

14. JCPJD's rating of the film Gosford Park

Altman nails the English better than any attempt by the English ever made. As a Brit - I am soooo sick of the whole upstairs/downstairs thing we sell to the world - but this is magnificent. The cast are on point throughout.

15. Kyle Knapp's rating of the film Gosford Park

An impossibly rich, flawlessly written, beautifully shot gold mine of character and period detail. Like all Altman films, it demands to be viewed more than once; I've seen this over and over again and it seems fresh every time. The acting is spot-on, but the women, esp. KST, Dames Maggie and Helen, Watson, and the heartbreakingly perfect Blakely are standouts. A wonderfully decadent treat, and one of my favorites.

16. HSBilly's rating of the film Gosford Park

3.5. when Agatha Christie write The Rules of the Game

17. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Gosford Park

This film is trying to be both a murder mystery and social commentary, but is infinitely more interested in the latter (to the point where the final revelation of the killer is very underwhelming). Altman has his usual large ensemble, but only the "downstairs" characters feel distinctive and fleshed-out. It's a case where Altman has a large canvas and a full palette, but the final product just feels lacking.

18. Barrett.'s rating of the film Gosford Park

The great cast elevates this above the norm.

19. smndvdcl's rating of the film Gosford Park

Much more intuitive than 'Downtown Abbey', but not quite up to the foreshadowing edge of 'La Regle du Jeu'. All the same, Altman is a multistory maestro.

20. Zac Weber's rating of the film Gosford Park

So many noteworthy performances in this movie. Gosford Park is a great whodunit, but the richness of the characters elevates the film even further.

21. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Gosford Park

This is probably the slowest movie I've ever seen that I wasn't bored for a second watching. What really matters to who, and why? Despite its comic cynicism I found it to be strangely warm by the film's end. The more I think about this movie the more I like it, and I think that's the sign of a truly great film.

22. Ark V's rating of the film Gosford Park

23. Kamran's rating of the film Gosford Park

81/100 - As soon as Gosford Park ends, one wishes to re-view the film and pay closer attention to the details. Review: http://nextprojection.com/2014/09/04/company-man-best-robert-altman-gosford-park-review/

24. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Gosford Park