1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Hitchcock

2. Deiner's rating of the film Hitchcock

Meh. I wasn't expecting anything great about this movie to be honest and yet I was more disappointed than expected. It had written Oscar bait all over which is obviously not good. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Anthony Hopkins but I never thought I was watching Hitchcock instead I felt I was watching someone trying to portray him. On the other hand, I thought Helen Mirren was quite moving and endearing.

3. Jason Av's rating of the film Hitchcock

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film Hitchcock

Thank god, I've already watched Psycho. So many spoilers in this movie...

5. ceknklsn's rating of the film Hitchcock

6. Sophia Park's rating of the film Hitchcock

They sort of warmed him up too much, didn't they? I spent a lot of time vacillating about inaccuracies which probably means I should be avoiding biopics, but hey, our leads are having fun, and you'll be able to causally say "oh, that guy's here too" as we re-enact the life of someone we only recently canonise, but pretend we always adored.

7. Matt Rolls's rating of the film Hitchcock

A caricature that doesn't quite fall into parody.

8. Zach Closs's rating of the film Hitchcock

Misguided biopic caught between outright fangirling and psycho-sexually analyzing its subject -- it isn't particularly good at either. However, Hopkins is having a lot of fun here, and it's hard not to have fun with him.

9. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Hitchcock

Not particularly a solid tribute

10. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Hitchcock

11. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Hitchcock

It's really hard to see Hitchcock in Anthony Hopkins performance when he resembles so much to Danny DeVito's Penguin.

12. Duarte Lima's rating of the film Hitchcock

13. pluviosity's rating of the film Hitchcock

I still believe Anthony Hopkins could done it better. At least more than just a cutboard image of the Hitchcock.

14. NICOLE86's rating of the film Hitchcock

Good God Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Hitchcock was done poorly.

15. spiderliliez's rating of the film Hitchcock

It's a shame this film couldn't give much justice to its stars and to Mr. Hitchcock. It's funny how two movies on Hitchcock's life was released on the same year, one by HBO and this by Sacha Gervasi starring Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren. Sometimes you can't really bend a true story, and I guess that's the difficulty presenting this film.

16. Daniele Ferrante's rating of the film Hitchcock

Piatto, come la maggior parte dei biopic. Nessuna caratterizzazione, i personaggi sono tutti macchiette usa e getta.

17. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Hitchcock

We can’t say this is a thrilling docudrama, but spreads charm with some tasteful details. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/hitchcock-2012_31.html

18. amicinema's rating of the film Hitchcock

Ne parliamo qui: http://www.amicinema.it/2013/04/hitchcock/

19. msmichel's rating of the film Hitchcock

Much better than anticipated with an especially good turn by Helen Mirren. The main problem with the film is Hopkin's imitation of Hitchcock that just seems so twee and a self satisfied script that has more issues than the character of Norman Bates. Ed Gein used as an imaginary therapy device especially a terrible idea. Nice small turns by D'Arcy and Macchio (!). Well shot by Cronenweth but over directed.

20. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film Hitchcock

Not the film of the century but interesting to see the relationships between Hitchcock and women, especially his wife...

21. Jye Sherwell's rating of the film Hitchcock

I had myself a great time watching this. It's hard to think a film achieves a lot when it's essentially cashing in on another filmmakers masterpiece, but regardless of that, it's huge fun with some actors I really enjoy watching. WIN!

22. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Hitchcock

I enjoy Anthony Hopkins' Hitchcock more than Toby Jones' in The Girl, but as a film, The Girl was better. The cast in Hitchcock does a great job and the film of Psycho as a backdrop is definitely exiting, but the movie just didn't come together as a whole. I suggest watching it if you like Alfred Hitchcock or if you want to see some great performances from Hellen Mirren and Sir Anthony. I also suggest HBO's The Girl.

23. Mugino's rating of the film Hitchcock

The psychoanalytic heart of the film feels like a campy "Hannibal Lecter plays Alfred Hitchcock". But the opening and closing gags are delightful, as is the delicious moment when Hitch awaits (and conducts) the first chorus of screams in response to the infamous shower scene.

24. Swayze's rating of the film Hitchcock

Great performances by Hopkins and Helen Mirren. Some decent visuals and some interesting insights into the mind of Mr. Hitchcock. I wish we could get a little deeper into his mind but it is fully intended for a mass audience, as his films were, so I guess it'll suffice.

← Previous 1 3 4