1. Amanda Violetto's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

2. Michael Peer's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

Having seen Meyerhoff all the way back when she was on FILM SCHOOL and having seen her short - TWITCH - I'm impressed by where she has taken this story, but can't help but feel that all the avant garde musings are a distraction. There's heft to the performances by the leads and as a coming of age lovers on the road movie, the movie works. The 16mm in your face art-house aesthetic comes off as pastiche, not authentic.

3. Guy-Philippe Côté's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

4. ara's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

3.5... visually it stands alone very well. i don't know about everything else.

5. lisa's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

makes me glad i learned to spot the red flags of masculinity real early

6. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

The little touches of stop-motion, especially when mostly integrated with otherwise 'literal' events, do a terrific job of suggesting a world that squirms at the edges, hinting at both possibility and darkness. Unfortunately, when the dark moments actually come they don't all play as well as the suggestions.

7. dave gunn's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

Interesting. I wanted to love this, but the dreamy multimedia visuals did not make up for the lack of a real story; the personalities of the characters did not make up for the lack of character development; the abruptness of the split-second moments that help destroy this girl's juvenile fantasy world were too thin to be heavy. I still appreciate it, but it could have been more.

8. saitosouta's rating of the film I Believe in Unicorns

Despite of banal story about adolescence, Dir. Meyerhoff's visionary sence is refulgently good and hence movie itself's glitteringly gem. Moreover, I'm glad that Julia Garner appears slightly but charmingly. I like her eyes.