1. mono.micha's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Very nice meta documentary, funny and uplifting.

2. lou.'s rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Smart-ass Jay! I won't give you more just because Ella is a cute sweetie :)

3. ysbil's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Just lovely & intimate !

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

These are important moments for every parent - on a personal and intimate level. I'm not really sure what was the motivation behind it to publish this film. I believe it stays within a good taste for an artist to retain a certain level of modesty, where he/she stays in the background of their work. Unfortunately, this feature clearly shows no respect for other people's time. I'd like my 10 minutes back, please! :-)

5. Adel's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

6. malbrown2's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

That was great. What a fun film and cute. And to think that happens around the world every day, every hour, every second. What a wonderful thing.

7. Magda Magdy's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

"You wanna be a filmmaker when you grow up?" "Oh yeah!"

8. Étrange's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

A powerful fight over identity, a filmmaker coming to face his new role while fighting to not loose his creativity. The result is a new found capacity to conjugate both roles of this man's life and, most of all, an endearing tribute to life and fatherhood. And nothing of what is is the movie takes away the simple and fun experience the audience has while discovering the fun concepts game the director is making.

9. Cosma's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Ironic as you want. Silly anyway.// Ironico quanto ti pare. Comunque sciocchino.

10. Ylly's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

It was absolutely adorable to watch this

11. Rizki Fachriansyah Aziz's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

12. Marc Barceló's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Definitely one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Intelligent yet transparent. A humble reconforting piece of cinema.

13. Paul Dogioiu's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

14. Kamran's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Really lovely and thoughtful. A deliberate contradiction to tautology, a meeting of two passions. 80/100 - Great.

15. dreamseed's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Thank god there were no dark corners in this one!

16. Ilya Zverev's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Filming a child, it's hard to fail. Jay turned father, and looking at his daughter, remembers what he learned in a film school. But it's not him holding the camera: now it's his friend, and later his daughter will grow to replace him. Fun, but would play better if it were 4-5 minutes max.

17. dionysus67's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Sweet..not much more, really.

18. Magnus's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

A filmmakers film I would say — and filmmakers tend to really like films that have that something that motsly only filmmakers can really connect to. So in this regard, a narrow target. I love selfish films like this one

19. Rui's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

The bulk of Jay Rosenblatt’s productions just seem to me to be monumental wastes of time -which is saying alot considering how short his productions often are.

20. Bilouaustria's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

Nothing, really, that you won´t forget tomorrow. But it is tender, simple. Rosenblatt is not Mekas though. It is very amateurish, i guess that is the (limited) charm of it.

21. Terry's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

a wonderful portrayal of father and daughter.

22. nica's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker

What an absolutely uplifting, adorable thing to watch. I love its good humor and the playful usage of filmmaking terms as Rosenblatt now explores being both.

23. msmichel's rating of the film I Used to Be a Filmmaker