1. Arf's rating of the film I vitelloni

2. Jason's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of the key works of art focused on drifting, wayward young men post-WWII. In a weird way, Fellini's quasi-autobiographical account isn't a million miles off from Kerouac. It is hard to say for sure if Fellini is impassively calling it like he sees it, or consciously mounting a critique of himself and his fellows. Ultimately this is a pretty dark portrait of callowness and ennui, even if a little wistful.

3. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film I vitelloni

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I vitelloni

You call it neo-realism, and I call it melodrama, and I say, "To Hell with it!" Luckily, he gave up realism and became one of the greatest directors in the world.

5. ermete polpette's rating of the film I vitelloni

6. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film I vitelloni

7. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film I vitelloni

Un caposaldo nella rappresentazione della provincia italiana, un film sull'irresponsabilità e la voglia di rimanere bambini, un film sui Vitelloni

8. Lintang A.'s rating of the film I vitelloni

The one of the rare post war films which spoke of conflicts within family.

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film I vitelloni

10. Ethan's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of Fellini's best films. Even this early in his career he was doing great things. Scorsese got a lot of influence from this film when he made Mean Streets.

11. wesleyfoster@me.com's rating of the film I vitelloni

Near perfect film with a lot of great laughs. A true masterstroke by Fellini whose universal lesson is just as relevant today as it was 60 years ago. You're never too old for the belt!

12. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of Fellini's earlier masterpieces. The characters are hopelessly flawed, and so sympathetic. No director in history could ever tell a story about man-children better than Fellini. To top it off, this movie has the single greatest film score I've ever heard. It's a rare score like Star Wars or Citizen Kane that not only succeeds in carrying you; it is also thoroughly unforgettable.

13. francine's rating of the film I vitelloni

I can't believe I have only now experienced this. Considering I have been drawn to almost every film influenced, inspired or lifted from it, I now place this at the top of that list.

14. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini must have loved directing crowds. All his movies have a sequence with a large crowd. Which I like cos it give me a view of Italian culture/group dynamics which is what you want from world cinema.

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of his finest films, and really strikes a chord personally as I relate strongly to one of the main characters. A great example of a simple film moving an audience profoundly.

16. EdieEmm's rating of the film I vitelloni

Next to films about gangsters or moody superheros, nostalgic reminiscings about your little group of shiftless, coddled, man-child friends in the 50s are pretty high up there in terms of risk for ‘boys will be boys’ apologism. My guard was up. Instead, I found myself pulled into a tender, empathetic love-letter of a film, witty & sweet & sincere. Not my favourite Fellini, but full of the stuff that makes me love him.

17. Roy Deckard's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini: Vitelloni= "the unemployed of the middle class, mother’s pets. They shine during the holiday season, and waiting for it takes up the rest of the year". Ennio Flaiano: Vitellone= "a young man from a modest family, perhaps a student, but one who had either already gone beyond the progammed schedule for his coursework, or one who did nothing all the time[...]. The family son who only ate but never 'produced'".

18. msmichel's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini's third feature tells an universal story of five men and lifelong friends whose lives seem to have stagnated before they've really begun. The roles may fit stereotypes but Fellini's script has an authenticity and understanding of his characters that hits home. Casting is exceptional as these men/children at least attempt to mature. ' In the end only one of us left...'

19. Gingerastaire's rating of the film I vitelloni

20. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film I vitelloni

8 1/2's liveliness makes it my favorite Fellini, but I Vitelloni is the more touching and tender film. Just as Marcello in La Dolce Vita wanted art and journalism and Guido in 8 1/2 wanted success and honesty, Moraldo, who's name is clearly a stupid pun, is envious of a lifestyle he doesn't want to lose yet and respectful towards another one he'll have to eventually embrace which all leads into a bittersweet ending.

21. Amandenberg's rating of the film I vitelloni

What a beautiful film with honest characters and an honest story. It is completely timeless and comes from such a personal, sincere place that I am sure everyone can see a bit of themselves in one or more of these characters.

22. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film I vitelloni

El grupo de amigos vagos del pueblo, estancados cada uno en su rutina. Se huele en ellos su conformismo casi contemplado como una comedia. Muy a pesar Fellini filtra ocasionalmente el drama, lo más efectivo en la película. Hay además un aura de lo trágico o melancólico. Esa escena enfrente del mar o incluso el cierre del filme. Es por ello que uno de los personajes tiene mayor peso. Otra escena, la circense; lirismo.

23. Murat Erdem's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini'nin ilk döneminden bir başyapıt.

24. Ka Wa, Lok's rating of the film I vitelloni