1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film I vitelloni

8.2/10, my review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3C4 “After I VITELLONI, “Fellini-esque” would be here to stay!”

2. justadele's rating of the film I vitelloni

Très belle musique belle mise en avant d'une histoire d'amitié, des difficultés et des deception Peut être un peu simple et sans trop d'"actions"

3. ceknklsn's rating of the film I vitelloni

80/100 (Film genel olarak 90'ı çok rahat hak eden çizgide ilerliyor ancak ben son on dakikasını çok didaktik ve en kötüsü "aile kurumunun yanında" olan bir çizgide buldum. Son on dakikasında eşinin peşinde gitmek yerine, o çok alımlı kadının yanına gitseydi işte o zaman gerçekçi olur ve 90 üstü bile verebilirdim. Bu yüzden sonu didaktik ve muhafazakar bitiyor bence. Evlilik karşıtı mesajını yerine getiremiyor.)

4. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film I vitelloni

Among my more satisfying Fellini films to have watched. This vagabond story about young men who wants to drift around with women and parties without ever taking a job has a satisfying character gallery even though the most focus is on a selfish bastard who loves women of high class without realizing that his most gorgeous and best woman is the one back home. One of Fellini's most grounded movies.

5. LibertyCapz's rating of the film I vitelloni

Good to see that there were drifting twenty-somethings back in 1950s Italy who had as much trouble figuring their shit out as I do. Definitely soothing for a troubled soul. Fellini you magnificent bastard, you've done it again!

6. FISCHER's rating of the film I vitelloni

Un film de qualité qui a fait découvrir Federico Fellini en dehors des frontières transalpines et qui reste une oeuvre significative du grand metteur en scène italien... www.cinefiches.com

7. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini's films always have a strong pulse, full of vibrancy and life. I Vitelloni captures the joy of youth and the bittersweetness of growing up quite like no other Fellini.

8. Riccardo's rating of the film I vitelloni

"L’inverno è terribile. Non passa mai. E una mattina ti svegli. Eri un ragazzo fino a ieri. E non lo sei più."

9. Arf's rating of the film I vitelloni

10. Jason's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of the key works of art focused on drifting, wayward young men post-WWII. In a weird way, Fellini's quasi-autobiographical account isn't a million miles off from Kerouac. It is hard to say for sure if Fellini is impassively calling it like he sees it, or consciously mounting a critique of himself and his fellows. Ultimately this is a pretty dark portrait of callowness and ennui, even if a little wistful.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film I vitelloni

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film I vitelloni

You call it neo-realism, and I call it melodrama, and I say, "To Hell with it!" Luckily, he gave up realism and became one of the greatest directors in the world.

13. ermete polpette's rating of the film I vitelloni

14. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film I vitelloni

15. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film I vitelloni

Un caposaldo nella rappresentazione della provincia italiana, un film sull'irresponsabilità e la voglia di rimanere bambini, un film sui Vitelloni

16. Lintang A.'s rating of the film I vitelloni

The one of the rare post war films which spoke of conflicts within family.

17. Ethan's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of Fellini's best films. Even this early in his career he was doing great things. Scorsese got a lot of influence from this film when he made Mean Streets.

18. Wesley Foster's rating of the film I vitelloni

Near perfect film with a lot of great laughs. A true masterstroke by Fellini whose universal lesson is just as relevant today as it was 60 years ago. You're never too old for the belt!

19. Mr. Smifff's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of Fellini's earlier masterpieces. The characters are hopelessly flawed, and so sympathetic. No director in history could ever tell a story about man-children better than Fellini. To top it off, this movie has the single greatest film score I've ever heard. It's a rare score like Star Wars or Citizen Kane that not only succeeds in carrying you; it is also thoroughly unforgettable.

20. francine's rating of the film I vitelloni

I can't believe I have only now experienced this. Considering I have been drawn to almost every film influenced, inspired or lifted from it, I now place this at the top of that list.

21. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini must have loved directing crowds. All his movies have a sequence with a large crowd. Which I like cos it give me a view of Italian culture/group dynamics which is what you want from world cinema.

22. SpacePirate's rating of the film I vitelloni

One of his finest films, and really strikes a chord personally as I relate strongly to one of the main characters. A great example of a simple film moving an audience profoundly.

23. EdieEmm's rating of the film I vitelloni

Next to films about gangsters or moody superheros, nostalgic reminiscings about your little group of shiftless, coddled, man-child friends in the 50s are pretty high up there in terms of risk for ‘boys will be boys’ apologism. My guard was up. Instead, I found myself pulled into a tender, empathetic love-letter of a film, witty & sweet & sincere. Not my favourite Fellini, but full of the stuff that makes me love him.

24. Roy Deckard's rating of the film I vitelloni

Fellini: Vitelloni= "the unemployed of the middle class, mother’s pets. They shine during the holiday season, and waiting for it takes up the rest of the year". Ennio Flaiano: Vitellone= "a young man from a modest family, perhaps a student, but one who had either already gone beyond the progammed schedule for his coursework, or one who did nothing all the time[...]. The family son who only ate but never 'produced'".