1. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Ida

2. Eric Porcelluzzi's rating of the film Ida

3. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film Ida

A sobre and deeply moving film.

4. Claire Wongsutin's rating of the film Ida

5. symisz-licht's rating of the film Ida

6. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Ida

7. blkrchs's rating of the film Ida

8. RumbleFish's rating of the film Ida

Un bianco e nero netto e pulito per una storia sentimentale senza sentimenti. Film di metà secolo scorso.

9. Domenico Ricucci's rating of the film Ida

10. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Ida

2.4 Beautiful cinematography. Each frame is carefully composed. However, all the symmetry gave the film an air of artificiality. Interesting story with lots of potential but here it gets a very dry delivery. Too slow, as well, which is not inherently negative, but in Ida the silences and pauses are often devoid of meaning. I was frequently bored. Doesn't help that the titular character is basically a blank slate.

11. MisterColo93's rating of the film Ida

12. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Ida

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Ida

This is the first time I watched a movie from director Pawel Pawlikowski. In my opinion, IDA is a unique movie. It's in black and white. It also shot in 1.37:1 aspect ratio. For some audiences, IDA maybe will bored you. Because Pawlikowski made it slow and less dialogue. There's almost no conflict "explosion". Maybe because Pawlikowski wanted us as audience felt what the main character felt. Gonna watch it again soon

14. nadnab's rating of the film Ida

15. ap's rating of the film Ida

16. Adri Azhari's rating of the film Ida

17. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Ida

It's a straight forward plot mashup detective story and coming of age uncertainty with religious elements. The real intriguing part of the film is the fixed camera shots, each scene holds an emotion to work out and try to understand these characters feelings with the excellent cast. I think that's also it's weakness, a basic plot and excellent camera shots give's you the feeling that this film should be a lot deeper.

18. Vicki Leekx's rating of the film Ida

Well... I expected something more.

19. goulton green's rating of the film Ida

"And then?" asks Ida on her return to the worldly outer in try to sample and grasp that "And then". Ich ruf zu dir, Herr Jesu Christ (I call to You, Lord Jesus Christ), Johann Sebastian Bach https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf2mHBEG6nk Magnetic performances in a movie of enrapturing enlightenment.

20. surgery-ethic's rating of the film Ida

"What are you thinking about?" - "I'm not thinking."

21. David Aguilar's rating of the film Ida

22. schmalhans's rating of the film Ida

Wonderful shots, flawless lighting and set design can't hide that large portions of the storyline seem not as concentrated as mood and rhythm of the film suggest. With only ~80 minutes of runtime, this leaves a certain feeling of frayedness to the film's dramaturgy, while nonetheless showing the creative force of Polish cinema at the moment. Here's to keeping this force alive in a problematic political climate!

23. filmotrope's rating of the film Ida

With a 1.37:1 aspect ratio and a gorgeous, oppressive cinematography in black and white, this gripping drama does a flawless job to explore the silence and empty spaces within the frames to underline the elusive void present in the lives of these two women. http://www.filmotrope.com

24. Julia Neuhaus's rating of the film Ida

Beautiful in its style but never detached from the character. Wow.