1. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film In the Basement

2. FISCHER's rating of the film In the Basement

Avec sa sympathique roublardise usuelle, l'étonnant et détonant cinéaste viennois nous propose une nouvelle radiographie excavatrice et salutaire de quelques manies et autres démangeaisons voire déviances de quelques spécimens de nos congénères desquels, à bien regarder, nous sommes quelquefois d'une inquiétante proximité... www.cinefiches.com

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film In the Basement

4. r u f o's rating of the film In the Basement

5. El Biffo's rating of the film In the Basement

I didn't find any of this shocking, but then I live in San Francisco. Of course people have sex slaves, shooting ranges and nazi beer-drinking parties in their basements. Unfortunately I don't have a basement in my house, so I must do these things in my living room or backyard.

6. Diderot's rating of the film In the Basement

Seidl takes the cliche about "what goes on behind closed doors" about as far as would be appropriate, and the results are amusing, uncomfortable, and borderline appalling-- but always affectionately distant.

7. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film In the Basement

8. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film In the Basement

Seidl es constante a ser documentador de esas vidas "en el sótano", aquellos que son a perturbadoramente contrarias a las de una rutina moribunda. Cae mejor esta temática en documental. A pesar, sigue siendo lo mismo que antes haya realizado el director.

9. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film In the Basement

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film In the Basement

11. Amelio Nicotera's rating of the film In the Basement

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film In the Basement

Ok, I can take the SM aficionados. I can take the real doll obsessive collectors. Heck, I can even take the basement Nazis. But the interior design of these homes? No way, You must draw the line somewhere.

13. Dries's rating of the film In the Basement

il solito film di seidl, provocazione fine a se stessa ma tutto sommato divertente

14. Andreea Roşca's rating of the film In the Basement

15. -REM-'s rating of the film In the Basement

16. Tjaša Fotivec's rating of the film In the Basement

I expect a lot from Seidl and I was kind of disappointed with this one.

17. Sacred White Noise's rating of the film In the Basement

'STAY IN THE FUCKING SNUGGLE ROOM' words i never thought i'd scream at a film. is this manipulative and judgmental? some people say the Coen brothers films are mean spirited, others see them as authentic, so, who gives a shit.

18. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film In the Basement

Beautifully Shot...Incredibly Odd...

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film In the Basement

Clearly, the whole is weaker than the sum of the parts, however, my voyeuristic side was awakened by the intimate little secrets it keeps unveiling, even if a couple of unnecessary scenes are there only with the purpose of shocking the viewers. (3.5 stars)

20. Matt Richards's rating of the film In the Basement

Not just manipulative but manipulation done lazy. The directors craft is so evident here he undermines his subjects and any real chance for subtext and deeper understanding to shine. The staged static shots are contrived and repetitive and minor characters are relegated to the role of sideshow spectacle. A complete contrast to Paradise Love. 1.5 stars

21. sebekk's rating of the film In the Basement

Voyeurism handed on a plate and done medium-rare.

22. Sergiu Scripcă's rating of the film In the Basement

All kinds of fucked up, and excellent because of it. Is some of it staged? Is it cold and unsympathetic? Does Seidl sometimes try to be shocking for the sake of being shocking? Probably, yeah. But none of that detracts from its impact.

23. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film In the Basement

Hall of mirrors. http://theflickeringwall.blogspot.pt/2015/05/im-keller-in-basement.html

24. José Neves's rating of the film In the Basement

"Indie" cinema # 8: miserere. Let's look at the sequence of the woman who assumes being S&M: Seidl edits the sequences demonstrative of it (demonstration is the figure of speech more used by these poor cinematic spirits) with her statements on the refusal of domestic violence. This dichotomy arises a veiled ironic judgment at the expense of a figure that its used and abused by a disgusting camera.