1. the_mentaculus's rating of the film In the Palm of Your Hand

A kind of Double Indemnity with an occult twist. Frankly, I would have liked more of the latter than the former - when it starts to make too much sense, the picture loses some interest. Perhaps because of the need for mystery, I ultimately found Carmen Montejo's Clara - the wife of our tragic Odysseus figure - uniquely compelling as the strong-willed second-fiddle. A minor gem.

2. Renton47's rating of the film In the Palm of Your Hand

After an intriguing and ambitious opening sequence, 'Palm' quickly abandons any pretense to the grandeur. It's a shame because the duplicity of fortune-telling intersected with doomed fates seems like a promising noir premise. The remaining is straight-forward, with a lack of motive or character particularly hindering plausibility. It's not bad, just not distinct enough from the pack.

3. ramosbarajas's rating of the film In the Palm of Your Hand

de Cordova, renowned for playing morally conflicted men against carnal and cunning femme fatales, gives us a similar performance here. Palma's performance shines above. As is the case with most of Gavaldon's films, the story is very straight forward, and often the characters seem underdeveloped. A recurring flaw in Gavaldon's films. For me it's a nice film, but not perfect.