1. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

7.7/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-36H

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Never did find out how old that rock was...

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Great film about religion. Kelly gives a surprisingly deep performance in this rare non-musical role. Tracy is Tracy, just another fine performance in what feels like a neverending list. Kramer keeps the direction tight, and makes the courtroom scenes quite claustrophobic at times to great effect. A real winner. 5 stars

4. ceknklsn's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

5. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

The beliefs of the South achieves a rather extremely caricature in its portraying, but I guess we can't blame Kramer for that. He was just sticking to the truth here. The script adaptation did a good coverage on the subject going from religion to Enlightenment values, passing by human ego, fears and flaws, Nihilism, as well as the unfounded defense of tradition through the protection of some political Establishment.

6. Ginarley's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

I don't think I could watch this movie too many times. The two leads play off each other beautifully, with a very stong supporting cast setting a solid foundation. There are some great artistic shots in between powerful and cutting dialogue with a surprisingly modern take on the religion/atheism debate for an early 60s American movie. One of my favourite movies of all time.

7. -REM-'s rating of the film Inherit the Wind

8. Dignan's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

9. emichan's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Imagine if this trial happens in the 2000's

10. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Un drama judicial de esos que les gusta al país del norte. El juicio como espectáculo y el enfrentamiento de dos discursos antagónicos. Aburrido en ocasiones, moralista a más no poder. Un Gene Kelly insoportablemente artificioso.

11. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Riveting legal drama that deftly explores questions about faith, progress, and morality.

12. milkfloat's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

"An idea is a greater monument than a cathedral."

13. Richard Fong's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

E. K. Hornbeck: "Disillusionment is what little heroes are made of."

14. Cesar's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

A good film on a good trial from a nation of lawyers. With a perfect illustration of Socratic dialectic or 'maieutique' inside, the kind which helps you understand what socrates represents. And why he was eventually sentenced to death by the 'polis'.

15. Bill Arceneaux's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

16. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

One of the all-time greats and always relevant, and the subject doesn't have to be evolution. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/07/idea-is-greater-monument-than-any.html

17. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Inherit the Wind

Kramer yet again knocking it out of the park with the controversial and still relevant argument of faith and science. I'd give it 5 stars if it weren't for the incessant "(Give me that) Old Time Religion" throughout the film. It was like nails on the chalkboard the first time.