1. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

I can forgive the stereotyping of culture, race, and sexual and/or gender orientation; the film is of its time, and has not aged well in some respects. I can forgive the ripoff of Last Tango in Paris...nihilism (buggery optional) was a hallmark of the mid-1970s. One thing I cannot forgive is the 'vanity cinema' directing of singer/actor Serge Gainsbourg. His wife Jane Birkin's performance is the only reason to watch.

2. Erik F.'s rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

3. Kwemo's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Just not enough exploration of the characters for me to feel that the violence, calloused actions, or the illogical behaviors of the characters were justified.

4. Diderot's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

A movie that fell right out of the sky. I don't know of anything else like it.

5. Richard Tines's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

middle of nowhere/going nowhere ennui hell....2 1/2 *

6. zubee's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Boring Metrosexuals. Muzak music.

7. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Funny, sad, nonbinary, ahead of time, as if Jean-Luc Godard and John Waters had a baby. Messy, as sexuality and gender often are. I love Gainsbourg and Birkin with all my heart, and this put a fresh spin on the pair.

8. David R Williams's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Gainsbourg takes the type of lurid deep fried melodrama that would of played Southern drive-ins and grindhouses for years and infuses it with queer politics and New Wave sensibilities. Awesome.

9. Yash Bhati's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

"I have been lonely all my life". Full stop.

10. Carambotti's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Base instincts. A wasteland of desire. Truly mystifying impulses. Paints a landscape that is outside of time.

11. Kevin's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

First, bright, brilliant color. Second, loud lively music, brings back an earlier time. Third, desolate, barren terrain. Finally, Jane Birkin, androgynous. A madcap Fassbinder friendly romp thru no place any of us wants to witness. And think, only 42 years distant. IMAGINATIVE!!!

12. Sean Honey's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

That's the stuff. Beginning with a bloody crow against a windshield of a Mack dumptruck and just getting better from there. If nothing else you can laugh at Boris farting or take summer fashion notes from Padovar.

13. polson's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

I responded to this film visually as much as anything, reveling in the layers of color, texture, shape and light. I need to look up what other films this cinematographer has worked on. The mood set by subtle scenes - Jane looking out the spattered window with only birdsong on the soundtrack, for example - gave breathing space to a story rife with the tensions that so often accompany gender role reversal.

14. mimivulturul's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

15. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

16. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Jane Birkin is a good substitute for Jean Seberg, but Gainsbourg is no Godard and I don't know who they got to replace Belmondo but that's not Belmondo! Still, I kinda like this mountain of shit.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

Sometimes, you just get a little sick of the violence towards naked women. Spoiler: Joe wants his lover to be jealous of her, and he is so jealous that he tries to kill her. Joe stops him, because he has made his point and now he discards her. I expected more from Serge.

18. Cependant's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

19. postblueink's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

20. fat_aleksey's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

21. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

22. José Neves's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus

"Desire" list: Dépardieu's ravishing lust, # 3 and Dalessandro's eternal's voracious flame, # whatever.

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Je t'aime moi non plus