1. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Jerichow

Not really convincing as a love triangle but worth seeing for the suspense. Well directed in its depiction of several themes-trust, betrayal and crime.

2. matelot's rating of the film Jerichow

3.5 Petzold meets Fassbinder in this post-mélo where love affairs are releated with disposable income and social position. In fact, in tears, she says to him: «You can't love, if you don't have money.»

3. suede's rating of the film Jerichow

7.5/10. Hugely interesting characters. Their exact back stories are unclear. Petzold often does that. He thinks much of the back information more standardly conveyed in scripts is unnecessary. I like that approach and the way it avoids clichés. Here, it also works to suspenseful effects. This is the most straightforwardly narrative Petzold film I know. A chamber play set by the Baltic Sea.

4. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Jerichow

Too self consciously arty. In the end the characterizations are paper thin and the whole thing comes to a big snooze. A little facial expression and some judicious editing would help move it along. Tedious.

5. Lemon's rating of the film Jerichow

An affair that escalated quickly, yet left the two main protagonists static.This would make the least interesting tale of infidelity if only the scope of the affair was not extended to Gastarbeiter issues in Germany.

6. Rhondo Alameda's rating of the film Jerichow

Good character studies, especially Ali. A poor man's version of Jessica Lange's/ Jack Nicholson's 'The Postman Always Rings Twice'.

7. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film Jerichow

It is not for me to say how some reviewers may be missing some of the points of this film--but I myself was shocked at how, upon reflecting on the film after it was over, I realized I had been rooting for the dishonorable people all along. None of the characters are saints, but some have more integrity than others.

8. Carrie Hunter's rating of the film Jerichow

9. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Jerichow

If only Ali had considered the economic implications of his employees' morale as carefully as he did the finer points of fuel economy, some of this would never have happened. Most of it still would have. A minor point. Jerichow is a handsome but redundant film. The changes it rings on Cain are insufficient to make the story compelling in a new, site-specific way, and its plot-driving passion is too pale a fire.

10. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Jerichow

The postman doesn't always ring the same way twice. This is good.

11. mpho3's rating of the film Jerichow

Well filmed and acted yet I was unable to buy the most important elements.

12. REH1101's rating of the film Jerichow

I would have chosen the further destination first. Shows how little I understand about the shipping industry.