1. lstpd111's rating of the film Julie & Julia

these two stars are just for the onion-chopping scene. ("Jules, you're being a little over-competitive don't you think?") other than that it's just a really annoying movie (thanks to the character of Julie, especially)

2. lina maj's rating of the film Julie & Julia

3. Emily O's rating of the film Julie & Julia

there is no love like the love of food

4. sabrinahrhp's rating of the film Julie & Julia

i love food, food makes me happy<3

5. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Julie & Julia

6. James Mackin's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Two different stories only tangentially connected in this film, and one is more interesting than the other, but neither are amazing.

7. Linn's rating of the film Julie & Julia

The story of Julia Child, her unshakable optimism and self-confidence and her loving relationship, wonderfully brought to life by Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci, is hear-warming and very funny. In comparison, the second "true story" was just boring, lifeless and weirdly superficial. I ended up realizing that I really didn't care about Julie's story and sometimes even forgetting about it altogether. Unconvincing.

8. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Julie & Julia

2.5. Prime example that Meryl Streep can get an Oscar nod just for showing up to work these days.

9. Francesca Holloway's rating of the film Julie & Julia

My absolute comfort watch. It's a delight from beginning to end, it's also wonderful to see a film where the heroines (two in this case) are focused on their career or personal accomplishments. Rather than the search for love.

10. jeremy r cole's rating of the film Julie & Julia

11. Ed S's rating of the film Julie & Julia

The first 5 minutes are unconvincing, and there are schmaltzy elements to the production, but it totally won me over. Amy Adams' performance is uncannily good, and this film has to be seen just for that. The script is very funny, both male co-stars are brilliant and Meryl Streep's overacting (sorry) is thankfully just right in the context of the film. Loved it - surprising as I was expecting to hate it.

12. raggiodisole's rating of the film Julie & Julia

oh so so-so, and loses a star for the preposterous voice that Streep puts on. Bland

13. Liz Pagett's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Sweet and frothy, with an excellent cast and wonderful food!

14. janh24's rating of the film Julie & Julia

A pleasing melodrama, with very solid performances from Streep, Adams and Tucci.

15. alf to the rescue's rating of the film Julie & Julia

16. Marianna Madriz's rating of the film Julie & Julia

17. taniaburrito's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Fluffy and light, but Amy and Meryl were great in it and it made me SO hungry.

18. Kontakt's rating of the film Julie & Julia

19. DilayA's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Both Meryl Streep and Amy Adams are wonderful to watch.

20. George Khayat's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Cute, unpretentious, understated. Solid lead performances, particularly from the ever-loving Tucci and ever-laughing Streep. Thoughtfully and simply shot. Two women's search for meaning through cooking. Simple film, yes; but not trying to pretend to be something it's not. Enjoyable and easily digestible film fare. lol.

21. Bastian Faldano's rating of the film Julie & Julia

One of My Queen: Meryl Streep, My favorit sweetheart Amy Adams, My one and only Stanley Tucci plus le paysage de la France = Un film magnifique!!!

22. daisygrubber's rating of the film Julie & Julia

This film is ok. It passes the time.

23. Penelope q's rating of the film Julie & Julia

24. Paul Relf's rating of the film Julie & Julia

Meryl Streep is wonderful (as always) in this. An utter joy. I haven't read the books or blog or even heard of either Julie or Julia before I watched this but that didnt make a difference to me enjoying this......Bon Appetit!

← Previous 1 3 4