1. Pipim's rating of the film Kafka

Entre cinéma mentale et expressionnisme des débuts, bel hommage à Kafka!

2. Diderot's rating of the film Kafka

Soderbergh's main point of merit is that he understands a bit of the Kafkan humor, which is often elided in other adaptations. Most of the movie plays a bit contrived, with all of the various references to Kafka's work and imagination, but it is at least an interesting attempt at making a biopic of the "author" rather than the "person"--a film about the imaginative universe to which the name "Kafka" refers.

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Kafka

A bad film well directed. It cares more about the individual images than about a coherent flow, so each of them is gorgeous but they build to nothing. He can make films I like, but I don't like Soderbergh movies. Soderbergh can make films about anything, I think, but only because he cares about nothing.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Kafka

5. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Kafka

(...)Für mich gehört Kafka in den Bereich existentialistischer Träumereien, bei Soderbergh aber kommt er wie ein verrückter Forscher daher. Warum hat Soderbergh sich da rangewagt? Vermutlich ist er Kafka Bewunderer und versuchte sich daher an diesem filmischen Labyrinth. Einer aber passt nicht in diese Welt: Kafka selbst.(...)

6. Shea Hennum's rating of the film Kafka

There is a 10 minute sequence of sub-Dark City dieselpunk sci-fi bullshit that spoils this movie.

7. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Kafka

Very stylish film by Soderbergh with solid direction & a very accomplished cast. I´m not a big Kafka fan but I think that Soderbergh could have done with less comedy & more dread & paranoia with really capture the tone. Still the comedy adds to the absurdity so I see what he is going for. Soderbergh´s biggest misstep however is the script which is a BIG rip off of Gilliam´s Brazil. Painfully similar to be honest.

8. Nino Lasso's rating of the film Kafka

Oh boy, this unbearable slog is Soderbergh's at his worst. It's barely 100 minutes long, but a terrible pacing and almost no plot development makes it feel like a lifetime of anguish. Iron's turn as the infamous insurance worker-turned-writer doesn't redeem the whole thing. The third act rolls like a jumble of setpieces borrowed from Terry Gilliam, but makes you feel truly grateful as the movie halts to a conclusion

9. Algitya's rating of the film Kafka

Just.. don't expect it to be a Kafka-wise thingy... :)

10. Rohith Varma's rating of the film Kafka

A movie about dissolution and the ensuant revelations of castle walls,doors,arcane passageways and curtains.Kafka's instinctual 'middle ground' is diddered and tested by an unnameable interplay of causality and moralism,where each projectile leads us into the actualization of acceptance and inevitable holism.K is a syntax in what played out to be a writer's nightmare,a man who accepts the impossibility of [Contd.]

11. Trunfos's rating of the film Kafka

12. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Kafka

What an experience! It takes you places, then you don't feel quite sure where you are, then things happen. A film Kafka would've written!

13. Nom de plume's rating of the film Kafka

Interesting premise of Kafka being trapped in a kafkaesque story, but I really don't like the execution. At least most of it.

14. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Kafka

Great development, awful awful conclusion. Things got waaay to complex than they should've been. Doesn't much justice to it's story.

15. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Kafka

16. roseros's rating of the film Kafka

Though the cinematography was beautiful, Kafka gets no respect in this film, just the usual Soderbergh trope- maybe 'indie' by Hollywood standards but really quite banal and just a little bit cheesy. I would like to see a director like Bela Tarr take on a subject like Kafka, Soderbergh lacks the intensity.

17. Burcu's rating of the film Kafka

" A crowd is easier to control than an individual. A crowd has a common purpose. The purpose of the individual is always in question. "

18. film_lies101's rating of the film Kafka

Probably my favorite Soderbergh film. Being a fan of Kafka helps otherwise you might find a bit maddening...

19. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film Kafka

I have watched it on a dvd in Morocco, so there must be a dvd edition ;)

20. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Kafka

Tan interesante visualmente como poco consistente en lo anecdotico, este trabajo del sobrevalorado Steven Soderbergh es la tipica pelicula en la que no faltan los pendejos que se paran a aplaudir al terminar la proyecciòn, aunque en su pinche vida hayan leido jamàs a Kafka ò entendido bien a bien de que trato la cinta. A su favor, cuenta con la presencia de Alec Guiness como un villano verdaderamente siniestro.