1. Claire (bookscoffeeandrepeat)'s rating of the film Labyrinth

Like fine wine, it only gets better as it ages. I like how this film can be interpreted in different ways. The film's soundtrack is the icing on the cake. Overall, it's a memorable cult classic.

2. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Labyrinth

3. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Labyrinth

The first film where my teenage sights were put on the gorgeous Jennifer Connelly stealing my heart forever. The labyrinth itself is a superb visual moment and David Bowie add to the fun in a memorable villainous role as The Goblin King. It is a nice alternative to the well-used "Alice in Wonderland" story.

4. ナイトオウルン's rating of the film Labyrinth

5. lemonaide's rating of the film Labyrinth

Once upon a time, in the mid 90s, we grew up watching this movie on our VHS tape every single night during our summer vacation. I bought the DVD years ago - so my 20 something self can see it all over again - and I was taken aback how horrible this movie was. But I still love David Bowie.

6. omusubibi's rating of the film Labyrinth

The age gap will always make me uncomfortable lol but many characters like the worm are iconic. It's a familiar, comforting, dreamy film for me. Also Jennifer Connelly is stunning in the dance scene.

7. Stevie M's rating of the film Labyrinth

2 stars for the puppets and set designs. I'd forgotten just how bad Bowie's 80s incarnation was.

8. Sara T'Rula's rating of the film Labyrinth

Watched Labyrinth for the first time via Mubi. It isn't a must-see, in my opinion, but it was fun and relaxing to watch. The Henson puppetry is (as usual) great to see, Bowie was his overly camp self and, for someone my age, the dated production values were nicely nostalgic.

9. filmotrope's rating of the film Labyrinth

A delightful fantasy adventure clearly inspired by The Wizard of Oz (the book appears in at least two scenes) and fairy tales (even a poisoned fruit is there), and its dated visual effects and cheesy musical numbers have a charm only found in these movies of the '80s.

10. Simon Tudge's rating of the film Labyrinth

Labyrinth is both timeless and very much of its time. It is camp and bombastic; very much a child of the 80s, but with a playful and mischievous humour that is never far from the surface. What better way to pay homage to the late great man himself than to curl up on a Sunday afternoon and indulge yourself with this visual feast.

11. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Labyrinth

On paper the combination of Henson and Jones should work so well. I really wanted to like this but, aside from the occasional flash of anarchic inspiration and poignancy, this disappointed at so many levels: the lack of flow, awkward performances and (sorry) forgettable music - in short, a dearth of any real magic despite the involvement of such talent.

12. DanB3000's rating of the film Labyrinth

5 stars for: 1. Jim Henson's Puppets 2. The Crystal Ball Hand Tricks 3. Lovely Jennifer Connelly 4. The Farting Swamp 5. David Bowie's Really Tight Trousers!!!

13. Paul Relf's rating of the film Labyrinth

David Bowie, Jim Henson..... Classic.

14. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Labyrinth

It's always a pleasure to see and hear Bowie. This isn't one of his finest moments though. It's all pretty corny, but entertaining enough for a wet afternoon.

15. janh24's rating of the film Labyrinth

16. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Labyrinth

The story is a little bit thin, but Jim Henson's puppets are - as always - incredible. There are two things I like in particular: David Bowie as cool and singing Goblin King ... and the nasty Bog of Eternal Stench.

17. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Labyrinth

This film was not a part of my childhood so it will never have the affect on me that it does on some people. Nevertheless it's a lot of fun and I get a lot of enjoyment watching how they endlessly cut from showing a real dog and a puppet and back again....

18. _cmb's rating of the film Labyrinth

why did I wait so long to watch this?? what a dream!

19. lostlevel's rating of the film Labyrinth

I confess i love puppets so this may be a biased review based mostly in nostalgia. However in a post-bowie age I was able to watch this in a cinema recently; whilst there may be shortcomings visually they just don't make 'em like this anymore.

20. Kornovska's rating of the film Labyrinth

Un film magique et majestueux, pour enfants autant que pour les adultes! On y retrouve de belles réflexions sur l'amitié, sur l'importance du matériel dans notre vie, ainsi, étonnamment, que sur la violence conjugale et inter-personnelle en général (manipulation, contrôle, etc). On y apprend qu'en y allant par étapes, les plus grands défis peuvent être franchis. Et du côté technique, c'est extraordinaire! Bravo!

21. Elle Johnston's rating of the film Labyrinth

22. msmichel's rating of the film Labyrinth

Jim Henson's 'Labyrinth' has only gotten better with age. On release its use of puppetry and traditional effects seemed quaint and childish but with time it stands as a fine example of storytelling, gaining maturity and imagination. With a story by Henson and Dennis Lee the film is more than a visual extravaganza featuring strong turns by leads Bowie and Connelly and superb work from the Henson workshop.

23. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Labyrinth

BOWIE will always be my TRUE LOVE

24. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film Labyrinth

Loved it as a kid, had a ladyboner about Bowie

← Previous 1 3 4