1. HSBilly's rating of the film L'âge d'or

things get weirder and weirder, that's greater than ever. semakin aneh semakin luar biasa

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film L'âge d'or

3. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Not provoking cinema riots anymore, but the "I-don't-see-the-point"s of today are reminiscent of that. Whether you see a big picture sense in the whole movie or not, the images created are arousing. If the strange ellipses, mood changes and strange mise-en-scène (bishops in an islet, antigravity suicides) don't stimulate you, then perhaps you're lacking imagination.

4. Max Seqgar's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A heavyweight champion of a movie: art world queen fight (Ernst winning over Dali); one of the first soundtracked films; cinemas screening it being attacked; and holding a 50 year ban. A winner, hands down!

5. Richard Doyle's rating of the film L'âge d'or

The second Dali/Bunuel collaboration takes a bit more of a structured approach than "Un Chien Andalou". (Really, how could it not?) I love Bunuel, but this is not among my favourites of his. It's reminiscent of much of his later work, but the satire is nowhere near as sharp, and it lacks the fierce anarchic spirit of his previous film.

6. Clayton's rating of the film L'âge d'or

7. Ghostman's rating of the film L'âge d'or

8. THE APOLL0's rating of the film L'âge d'or

One of the greatest films of all time

9. dominique s.'s rating of the film L'âge d'or

The finger/toe-sucking got me.

10. joeviperez@gmail.com's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Hypnotic, mesmerizing....The most misterious film from the tandem Dali-Buñuel..Most likely one of the most influential film not only in the modern cinema (although infairly ignored) but also in all the art fields....For sure the hardest kick in the ass to the catholic church ever fillmed.....

11. suede's rating of the film L'âge d'or

2.5 stars. Required viewing for anyone interested in film history. A must-see also if you think surrealism is a good approach to filmmaking. I don't, though. – Remarkably, much of this has the feel of Monty Python's Flying Circus, only 40 years earlier and in b/w. – The final sequence seems endless, idiotic, and bears no connection to the rest.

12. .:BuNNii:.'s rating of the film L'âge d'or

13. La quinta luna's rating of the film L'âge d'or

14. Rachel Tyler's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Quite the juxtaposition to see such obvious sexual tensions in a movie so aged. There was a lot to process in this essential classic; I need to watch this a few more times and marinate on it.

15. ihor's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I'm at a loss in regards to what I should take away from this. Yeah symbolism, bourgeoisie values, Catholicism...really doesn't seem that clever or interesting.

16. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Stunning, gorgeous, laugh-out loud funny. Max Ernst's character is funnier when you know it's Max Ernst. Great scorpions. Historical masterpiece and sublime surrealist document. I could rave on and on but if you remember it you weren't there.

17. msmichel's rating of the film L'âge d'or

A relic of its times somehow deemed classic cinema and therefore revered by the film intelligentsia simply for its previous incarnation as dangerous banned cinema and its surrealistic nature. A product of an agent provocateur that is still applying its sting.

18. Eric Morgan's rating of the film L'âge d'or

Buñuel shows us the heart of man from every angle. It gets not more raw than this his second picture. Surreal? Yes. It's a wonder the film exists at all, but I'm glad it does so that I have a chance to learn from it.

19. Beatriz Pinto's rating of the film L'âge d'or

20. TomMackAplin's rating of the film L'âge d'or

21. solszew's rating of the film L'âge d'or

This is one of my top 3 favorite films. No one has done a better pure surrealist film, not even Bunuel himself. 287 stars, a must see film.

22. RaamRaam's rating of the film L'âge d'or

magic of Dali and Bunuel's surrealistic fantacy takes you on a trancendetal journeey

23. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film L'âge d'or

I love surrealism but this one just didn't do it for me. Even the "polishing" of the stone foot. Maybe I'll have to watch it again.

24. Yvonne Turner's rating of the film L'âge d'or

This film was made mid-way between the self destruction of WW1 and the rise of the Third reich, it's no wonder they were delirious with passion and anger...