1. miles's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

This is pure intercourse with Chet. I feel this could be the B side to the Dark Days documentary. They both work great back to back.

2. AVA's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Eine Künstlerseele und welche Bereicherung meiner Musik!

3. bulgrin's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

This is what makes a great documentary. It's the closest you can get to Chet Baker. And it is executed so nicely.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Reportage foisonnant qui se veut complice avec son mythique personnage et qui y réussit parfaitement, filmé dans un superbe noir et blanc, par un cinéaste plus connu dans les milieux de la mode, pour ses créations comme photographe d'art et de métier, nous offrant avec bonheur un témoignage fasciné et fascinant d'une icône jazzique à l'implacable virtuosité finalement si fragile et si délicate. www.cinefiches.com

5. Tilman's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

6. João Martins's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

A great registry about one of the best and the most underrated trumpeter ever.

7. Endless Eye's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

"Let's Get Lost" is a brilliant documentary film for several reasons. One of the truly effective aspects however is the cutting between the B&W stock footage of Baker in his prime, and the seamless cutting back to Baker in the 80's, broken yet charming, on death's door. The fact that everything is shot black and white 16mm, gives the movement between past and present a transcendent quality handled with great care.

8. Feng Ling's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

9. Ben Loory's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

can't stand the music, which just seems to me like the least fun music ever made, but the movie's good. great cinematography. seems like a pretty awful guy.

10. Matt Payne's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Let's Get Lost is a reflective portrait of a gifted jazz musician who had his fair share of demons to deal with. Bruce Weber presents a very surreal black and white stylized film that showcases Chet Baker's thoughts, emotions and memories in a transparent glass case, culminating in a tragic yet beautiful catharsis of a life well-lived...

11. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

(2.5 stars) I'm just not someone who likes jazz. I try and I try, but I have never been able to like it or appreciate it. It just bores me. I understand that people love jazz, so this doc is more for them. Just not my cup of tea. Heh. Ah wells...

12. Loz Loory's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

I saw this in 1989, and it is still probably the most powerful documentary I've ever seen. The photography is amazing, particularly the b/w infrared shots of palm trees. The music is phenomenal. The interviews with Baker himself about his drug use are heart-wrenching. All that talent combined with self-destruction is terrifying to hear him acknowledge. Yet so many of us chose to get lost, just like him.

13. T Mills's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

The film is a hard, touching look at Chet but I feel it goes on too long in parts. Still, the power of his character and the unconventional approach to his story make this an effective piece of cinema.

14. ShawnD's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

By the time this film was made there was just enough left of Chet Baker to see what drew people to him. But there's much more of what he did to drive people mad. The film is like the man himself, cool, distant, confused and confusing. LGL is also an example of what black and white film gives close viewers--gray. Plenty of gray. LGL remains a classic of its kind.

15. SpacePirate's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Oh Chet. What a lovable asshole. Made some classic records, this is a classic doc, with a real feel of a "motion" picture. The overall feel of the film is of flipping through a book of photography. Dont think I have viewed a doc with such great camera work.

16. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Beautifully made doc about a beautiful person.

17. Neil troost's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

great talent. but he was totally full of shit. what a waste. its a very very nice demystification of the junkie archetype. he was just a junkie. if you meet enough of them you realize there's nothing special or unique or interesting...its the same bullshit with every one of them. he was another. big deal. it was a little painful to repeatedly see people pretend his singing voice still sounded good. it didnt.

18. bodhishin's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Full of cool and style with B&W film the perfect choice. The direction of the story and the interview questions tend to meander at times into not significant inertia. Chet Baker's vulnerability does reveal itself as his years of anesthetizing his emotions allow. Wished there would've been more questions related to his personal views and the process of his art,

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Just like an interview in a fashion magazine, it never goes beyond the glossy image. "Got to be good-looking 'cause he's so hard to see".

20. Christian's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

great footage of Chet, paints an honest and raw look at Baker. Beauty, warts and all. Addiction and the abyss always lurking below this cool - demeanored cat.

21. Zac Weber's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

As it's said in the film, you hear Chet's voice and trumpet and simply forget about the physical frailty the defined much of his adult life. The high contrast black-and-white photography seems like the perfect choice to capture the dichotomy between Chet Baker the musician and Chet Baker the man. One of the greatest portraits of jazz ever put on screen.

22. Kevin's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

I saw this film several years ago and could not remember the director after I saw it. One day I thought it was Bruce Beresford, the Australian director. Seeing it again, and as much as I love jazz and Chet Baker's music as part of jazz, from 2016, it is f'ed up, but from 1987, maybe not so, recalling other people like grandparents born in 1929 and their apparent coldness, masking gas ready to be set on fire...

23. Oh, hi Denny's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

24. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Let's Get Lost

Passionnant docu sur la vie du célèbre trompettiste et chanteur blanc Chet Baker qui défraya la chronique dans les années 50. Le film décrit l’itinéraire du musicien, de l’Oklahoma à la Californie, de New York à l’Europe. Famille, amis et musiciens du mouvement jazz de la Côte Ouest font partie du voyage et nous suivons le jazzman jusqu’en 1987, un an avant sa mort. Autre musique, autre rythme, Chet, un Grand.