1. mubianer's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

A masterclass in sound design, and another confirmation that the mid to late 80's was a golden age in Soviet cinema (Days of Eclipse, Come and See, Is It Easy To Be Young? etc). Clearly inspired by Tarkovsky, but more (black) humour. And not so self imporant as Tarkovsky could be often. Unfortunately still relevant in a new era of anti-Russian hysteria that could lead to something bad. Stunning end sequence.

2. Juan D.'s rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

How about something like this but instead of the catastrophic imminence of atomic devastation it would deal with the slow destruction of climate change? Anyone knows that movie?

3. Corrado Agnello's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

4. Raivis Kapilinskis's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

Very dark and disturbing, fantastic. Looks like shot on expired 16mm film after a nuclear war, using only the last remaining light-bulbs powered by bicycle generators like in the movie.

5. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

"Today I want to talk to you like a dead man to other dead men. That is - frankly"

6. lndah's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

"Comprehending uselessness and frailness of mankind."

7. rafaelmontenegrofausto's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

забудьте обо всем остальном! esquecei-vos de todo o resto!

8. NO LONGER HUMAN's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

Death is the new fashion. Despair is the new normal. Hell is the new future

9. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

A great post-apocalyptic sci-fi as bleak as only the Russians can make them.

10. Ostermyers's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

Un filme reflexivo sobre las consecuencias de un holocausto nuclear. "Cartas de un hombre muerto" se contextualiza en una URSS devastada donde el pesimismo lidera la idea. En contraparte, el optimismo de su protagonista remarca. Lopushansky genera discursos existenciales interesantes, científicos agobiados por el futuro infertil, no solo a nivel de hipótesis, sino por esa misma frustración de la finalidad científica.

12. Spiritchaser's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

"There lies before us, if we choose, continual progress in happiness, knowledge and wisdom. Shall we instead, choose death, because we cannot forget our quarrels? We appeal as human beings to human beings: Remember your humanity and forget the rest." - Bertrand Russell / Albert Einstein

13. Vlad's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

"Military reference books are now priceless on the black market, because of thick hard covers and natural paper pages. They produce a good heat output in autonomous heating systems. Now we have a different scheme for grading literature."

14. Daniel Montiel's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

A stunning, nightmarish and deeply humanistic piece of work, the fact that they manage to create such a vivid, scary and palpable post-apocalyptic vision of the world almost 30 years ago puts current cinema to shame.

15. Publius's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

How do you find these movies!?

16. Lutka's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

First viewing was very very late in the night, low concentration & sleep didn't alow me to enjoy this masterpiece, which I realised being, by second viewing...

17. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Letters from a Dead Man

De atmosferas obscuras y asfixiantes, los escenarios mostrados en esta cinta (ubicada en un mundo devastado tras una guerra atomica) resultan ser aun màs escalofriantes que los del Stalker de Andrei Tarkovski. Pese a que la fuerza de las imagenes no encuentran su equivalente en un guiòn de a ratos obvio y redundante, esta opera prima como realizador de Konstantin Lopushanski, resulta una experiencia estremecedora.