1. Ralphesque's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Nothing terribly insightful in this documentary. A bit disappointing.

2. fearraigh's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

It's a fairly functional documentary by Herzog's standards but he still manages to inject some poetry into it. It is also clear that his scientist interviewees (with the exception of the terminally humourless Elon Musk) relish the prospect of talking to him. A decent, if unexceptional film.

3. Ale/M's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

4. uenus's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

meh es como el tipico reportaje periodistico que ponen en las noticias que es abarcado vagamente. Soy un perro

5. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

I had it again. The question: where is he finding these people? The guy showing sacred room where the internet began. The family in front of a table full muffins. Does the internet dream about itself?

6. thelastronaut's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Oh, Werner, I'll go to Mars with you! One-way ticket! Bavarian beer included!

7. miles's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

not bad, this could easily be 5 hours long.

8. Renton47's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

The criticisms are fair, and then some. I felt bad for most of the subjects - bad that they were edited to look incoherent, bad that scientists were placed alongside someone calling the internet the antichrist. Its attempt to be all-encompassing renders it non-specific and aimless. Some smart folks, but no justice done to them.

9. sfdgdfggsggsogfgs's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Manifestation of the Antichrist.

10. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Definitely worth a watch for its scope and concepts. Only Werner Herzog could get away with making something so disjointed. It jumps from one idea to the next, often without stable connective tissue between the topics.

11. HenriqueA's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

It would be rivetting if it was produced 10 years ago. Today it feels like a distracted rehash of a bunch of very interesting internet articles. The cliché is that Herzog is always worth watching and the cliché is always true, but it makes us miss the more incisive and weird Herzog.

12. babycakesromero's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Herzog asks the big philosophical questions about the omnipresent internet that has consumed our lives so rapidly we forgot to question its impact and purpose. Why he is a genius filmmaker is he lets his subjects reveal more of themselves than they intended, often by simply not cutting or not speaking when others would. Overall its a real mix of hope & dread for the future, tech ability vs the horror of human nature

13. traag-1's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

"If a dishwasher came to me and said 'I've fallen in love with the refridgerator and as a result I have no time to wash the dishes' I probably wouldn't like that dishwasher too much."

14. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Quality Herzog film that reasserts the harrowing yet familiar conclusion: while humanity progresses rapidly, someone will get left behind.

15. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

16. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

17. r u f o's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

Werner Herzog and Science, an unlikely couple. I nonetheless recognized the director's touch when he asked his interlocutors if the internet will dream someday. Recommended.

19. Joel's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

As idiosyncratic and absurdly beautiful as any of Herzog's later documentary works. Yes there are some silly moments, but they have that strange poetry about them that elevate them beyond perhaps expected naysaying of modern techonolgy and it's ways. As per every Herzogian adventure we find larger-than-life characters in the fringes of his subjects. These elevate the subject matter beyond simple fact telling.

20. tabsz's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

21. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

It would have worked better as a documentary miniseries, if each section were given more room to breathe. I also want to smell the internet.

22. oki's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

23. bartkl's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

As always I find Herzog's style pleasing. His genuine curiosity, thorough covering of the subject and ability to illuminate some unexpected perspective you hadn't thought of before as an actual problem -like the people suffering from wireless radiation- exemplify why. Overall it did feel a little incoherent though, possibly because it tries to cover too much material from diverse fields. A nice documentary.

24. wiwitaek's rating of the film Lo and Behold, Reveries of the Connected World

It starts pretty on a standard point, but eventually reveals its true colour. One of the most honest documentary ever made.

← Previous 1 3 4