1. Fabio's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Not the great movie some praise it to be. Very good cinematography, but the main character is as annoying as hell, and the overall story and dialogs are quite dull, despite the mockumentary interesting aspect.

2. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

3.8 stars. It gets properly nasty, which adds to its affective power, but arguably overwhelms the satire a la Spike Lee's 'Bamboozled', though is similarly funny. Rémy Belvaux clearly had a troubled mind, which mixes provocatively with Benoît Poelvoorde's easy charm. It's a film I would often go to bat for as a teenager, but after it triggered some female viewers at World Cinema Soc. at uni, I'm a lot quieter about.

3. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

One of the deepest fears of modern people - unexpected death, killers without the reason for killing. Killing for fun or for couple of banknotes. Poelvoorde is magnificent, but the film itself gets boring fast. I think they didn't made it too harsh, therefore it's easily forgettable

4. shane_b's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

5. bryanvmh's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

6. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Un mockumentary salvaje y políticamente incorrecto. Divertida e irreverente. Quizás mis momentos favoritos lo constituyan el asesinato de la anciana con problemas del corazón a grito pelado y el homicidio del otro equipo de filmación. Benoit Poelvoorde es un crack.

7. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Extraordinary viewing from start to finish. Benoît Poelvoorde's performance as narcissistic, violent, but ultimately absorbing, serial killer Ben is one of cinema's greatest creations. 'Man Bites Dog' uses its mockumentary of Ben to cleverly satirise our growing obsession with media violence & are implicit role in executing it. 25 years on it remains just as powerful, unflinchingly and innovative.

8. Hermann A. RG's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

One of the best mockumentaries ever

9. Steve Thompson's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Twenty six years after release, the brutal mockumentary "Man Bites Dog" still deserves its cult status and its notoriety. Central to its power to entertain and provoke is the virtuoso lead performance by Benoît Poelvoorde, playing the monstrously egoistical serial killer shadowed by an increasingly complicit film crew. Seldom has cinema played off comedy and horror in such an infernal and mesmerising fashion.

10. Quattro's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

It starts off as a sort of sketch-based mockumentary, but it's when these absurd premises absurdly derail that the real fun begins. Insanely gritty and irresistibly grotesque, almost every scene has got something worth to be remembered. Definitely a '90s cult.

11. lucio carbonelli's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

crazy movie. disturbing, but also intelligent. it makes you think... sort of.

12. zoerose's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Vampires of carnage, that's what we are. Wrapped in a pseudo-intellectual, charming spectacle. I don't know why it took me almost an hour to think "what the fuck I'm watching". Maybe it was the moment when film crew and psycho killer became one. All complicit in this cannibalism. Some soul searching is necessary for sure. The film is disturbingly "Kubrickesque" in its violence and french in its self-righteousness.

13. eberhard's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

C'EST ARRIVÉ PRÈS DE CHEZ VOUS. Keine Satire, vielmehr grelle Plausibilität, die nachdenklich macht.

14. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Man Bites Dog was for me one of the most important cinematic events of the early 90s, it has sticked with me ever since I saw it for the first time 25 years ago, when I was most likely too young to really handle its twisted genious. This mockumentary of a serial killer is one of the darkest movies I’ve seen. It’s revolting, shocking, yet also incredibly smart and perfectly enacted. Groundbreaking cinema.

15. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

3.5/5. For me, the killings, the rapes, the assaults stand for metaphors for film making.

16. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

"Pigeon, winged cloak of grey, In the city's hellish maw, One glance and you fly away, Your grace holds me in awe."

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Brought to fruition by Remy Belvaux, Andre Bonzel, and Poelvoorde, with all of them sharing the directing and writing credits, this is a look at the fascination the media has with serial killers, and also toys around with the idea of complicity. As the crew film Ben, they are already responsible for damage caused even before they get closer to their subject, becoming entangled in his lifestyle and twisted morality.

18. DrFirestone's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Improperly incredible - a strong dose of violence mixed with excellent dark humour. While it might be running out of ideas in the second half, it picks up towards the end - not to mention the ending. Gritty, brutal, unforgettable. I truly appreciate the bravery to pull off something like this. The b&w cinematography is stunning, accompanied by first-rate performances. Uncompromising, honest, top class cinema.

19. captainfez's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Then: serial killer. Now: works in advertising, I assume.

20. katerpink's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

This is the best one I have seen on mubi yet. A charismatic serial killer and several young filmmakers susceptible to his influence who become even worse than him. So witty and full of ferocity.

21. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

I don't know if I cry or laugh. Best gems from 90's.

22. dorusan's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

Terrible. By combining his familiar face with his psychopatic one, this creates in turn a horror setting with a smiling human face.

23. ninchok's rating of the film Man Bites Dog

A remarkable and one of a kind mockumentary. At times I really believed it to be authentic and would think that they really did kill people while filming. I mean, I still wouldn't be surprised if they did. This was a badass film with amazing cinematography, a beautiful black and white and great dialogue/monologue.

24. vxpl's rating of the film Man Bites Dog