1. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film Man Up

Look, it's *mostly* awful, but in all honesty the second act - beginning where Pegg bumps into his ex - has some fantastic comedy beats. Worth watching if only for Lake Bell's astonishingly spot on English accent.

2. McOpinionated's rating of the film Man Up

Typical romcom, English. Some rather awkward transitions in the usual ups and downs of the main characters in their route to get together, careering between screwball and serious-emotion. Overall, a bit too silly, but it was just nice to see something closer to a local context – our own version of on-screen fakeness rather than an American one. Nice enough. terrible title. Could easily have been better.

3. bitterMoo's rating of the film Man Up

4. Thomas's rating of the film Man Up

Poorly handled, considering the potential to make a fun, engaging, farcical rom-com with the talent involved. It's all a bit of a confused muddle and the script doesn't do any favours for the natural chemistry between the cast.

5. Anca.'s rating of the film Man Up

You can tell it from the title alone.

6. hemachandra's rating of the film Man Up

Usually, rom-coms are not good but this film is fine

7. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Man Up

The cast's chemistry makes or breaks a romantic comedy. If Man Up was the critical and box office success it was (for the most part) that's due to Bell and Pegg's wonderfully nuanced performances. There's a sense of honesty that prevails all the way through the third act. And then, well, it's a rom com, bring on the clichés and the happy ending. I'll buy it.

8. kurakvile's rating of the film Man Up

9. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Man Up

10. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Man Up

Meh, not the worst rom-com I've seen, but it hits every trite and generic plot point that every other rom-com does.

11. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Man Up

Man Up wirft uns so ziemlich alle Klischees der Romantic Comedy vor die Füsse: Das niedliche Kennenlernen, die bekloppten Freunde, die besoffenen Dates oder die falsche Identität... Sogar das öffentliche Bekennen der romantischen Gefühle - Vergleiche mit anderen Standarts des Genres sind nicht nur passend, sie sind unausweichlich... mehr auf cinegeek.de

12. redux's rating of the film Man Up

Sugarcoated vomit, a sign of British cultural decline.

13. angelicidea's rating of the film Man Up

The jokes are mostly there, but it still essentially follows the romcom formula.

14. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Man Up

... starts feverishly interesting but eventually decreases in quality in the second half where the clichés and fabricated romantic situations take hold of the screwball scenario set in the modern London.

15. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Man Up

So cringe inducing that I fast forwarded it a million times, watching the whole thing in a little less than 30 minutes and not ashamed of it. This one goes in the "I love you Simon Pegg, but I can't even" bin. The cast was great on paper and Lake Bell is amazingly talented, but everyone's a mess here because of the terrible, terrible script.

16. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Man Up

I'm not a fan of the rom-com genre in any sort of way but this movie, while clichéd, had enough sass, wit and laughs to win me over. Bell and Pegg have great chemistry and the supporting actors are good, though some are squandered. The script is quite good and the dialogue inspired and its nice to see a movie where everything comes together so effortless. So drop your inhibitions and see this movie. Worked for me!

17. vordven's rating of the film Man Up

18. patríciapinho's rating of the film Man Up

19. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Man Up

20. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Man Up

These days a good dance scene can make a movie for me

21. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film Man Up

lake bell and simon pegg are fun and the concept is okay but the film was boring.

22. smndvdcl's rating of the film Man Up

Pegg and Bell make for adorable leads and there is definite chemistry as they make the most of a script where ad libs and moments of improv inject life into a fairly standard premise. It's the rom-com clichés that let the film down rather than the actors themselves. And 'Man Up'? Hideous expression.

23. eek's rating of the film Man Up