1. The Macho King's rating of the film Maniac

I've been sitting on Blue Underground's edition of the original for like a decade... i surmise now would be a good time as any to finally watch it, especially since i feel indifferent towards this remake... can't make up my mind if this is a two star or three star as a rating, regardless i won't ever watch this remake again to figure it out.

2. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film Maniac

Felt kind of gimmicky. The only thing that I get from watching this film is headache.

3. Arctic Alamut's rating of the film Maniac

Elijah can take on any widely divergent role, that's obvious. Superb acting on his end. But unconvincing piece in its entirety. It left too much to the shock of certain scenes to end up with a well-developed story.

4. Landen Celano's rating of the film Maniac

A fine example of how to remake effectively.

5. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Maniac

premettendo che non ho visto il maniac originale (questo e' infatti un remake), l'ho trovato interessante e disturbante al punto giusto!

6. Ka potem Es's rating of the film Maniac

2/10. Interesting first person perspective. Well, that's about it...

7. Shoham L's rating of the film Maniac

Liked the POV camera, but that was all.

8. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Maniac

Uno dei tanti pov che hanno invaso il mercato. Non si discosta minimamente dal filone,punta sul disturbo creato da macchina a mano e musiche d'atmosfera,gli omicidi sono molto gore e dozzinali,il finale รจ tremendamente insipido. Poca robba, presto dimenticabile.

9. Poor Margo's rating of the film Maniac

10. HKFanatic's rating of the film Maniac

Similar to the way 2011's "Drive" utilized flashy neon colors and an airy synthesizer score to make audiences root for a violent psychopath, this remake of "Maniac" employs the same techniques - along with a free-floating, entirely subjective camera - to root us in the perspective of a deranged serial killer. This has the interesting side effect of making our 'protagonist' Frank more a figure of pity than fear.

11. C'est Bastien's rating of the film Maniac

12. Jacob Marcoux's rating of the film Maniac

13. Neide Ramos's rating of the film Maniac

Still haven't watched the original, but this remake is shot in a very tasteful way, for a horror movie. The soundtrack is killer and, even though the movie might not scare you enough for the day, it keeps you well entertained. Elijah Wood isn't the memorable psychopath I imagined, but he does the job.

14. Mehmet Ali Karar's rating of the film Maniac

15. ladysnaggle's rating of the film Maniac

I wish it were a lot more creepy. Although, the end makes up for the lack of strangeness. Boy do I love that ending.

16. J. O.'s rating of the film Maniac

Surprisingly watchable, considering how brutally depraved the subject matter is - and that the audience is forced to experience it entirely from a first-person perspective. It looked particularly nice too, though the performances were mostly wooden. There are some good decisions here but the POV gimmick and Elijah Wood are simply not enough to warrant a remake of a grotesque film that only existed to be grotesque.

17. jody hoey's rating of the film Maniac

18. Adriana Valente's rating of the film Maniac

escalpes e mais escalpes. assustador e nojento. Elijah encaixa como uma luva na personagem.

19. Mauro Lucker's rating of the film Maniac

20. Kevin's rating of the film Maniac

More like 3 and a half stars.

21. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Maniac

22. Dan's rating of the film Maniac

3.5* What a score (and gore)!

23. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Maniac

I was taken off guard by how sickeningly watchable this film ended up being, due mostly to Elijah Wood's creepy performance as Frank, a serial killer with mommy issues and an attachment to his traumatizing past that seeps into his present. I loved how accessible the film was, even in first-person a lot of the time, and even though Frank is the "anti-hero" we somehow still root for him. It's an odd mix, but see this.

24. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Maniac

Elijah is being a very bad hobbit in this. Anyway it's probably one of the best remake out of the last decade, even if it's weird the choice of making it in first person view for the 80% of the movie, but sometimes the rule is forgotten and goes totally scenic. This really is awkward in terms of suspension of disbelief.