1. jakubik's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

2. 2multo's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

3. Amanda's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

After five days of watching this movie, scenes still coming back to my mind. This film is a great example of the limits of non fiction film and poetry.

4. muse_x's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

5. T Mills's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Again, this Projections series reveals a film which features a fascinating subject but the content is mishandled. I believe the same story, perhaps even the same footage, when edited differently would have produced a more effective result. Why not begin with the tiger in the apartment? This is the most striking image of the film and should astonish from the first frame.

6. Dallas Swindell's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Life under glass, and a documentary of the mausoleum beyond. Beautiful shots of Harlem interspersed with brief glimpses of our titular character(s). As the camera lingers in hallways and out windows the delusions of our narrator and the fetid existence of his cohabitants grow larger. His perceived bond takes center stage, but all the while true nature lurks.

7. rcrespin's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Fantastic! A type of documentary I've never seen. Great structure and execution. Great Sound Design!!!

8. Tisa's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Beautifully shot, ethically fraught. The combination is riveting.

9. AugusteB's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

A film which strolls around like a tiger. Was perfect for me tonight.

10. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

This documentary isn't all that informative but rather takes a poetic approach to its subject matter. We see extended sequences of a tiger and alligator wandering through a mock-up of Antoine Yates's apartment, occasionally accompanied by poetry. I personally found this film to be too abstract, but it definitely hints at some very interesting ideas, and Warnell should be praised for pushing the boundaries of cinema.

11. Luis Capelo's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

It's a poetic movie intended for a museum rather than an early evening. I'm expecting this movie to attract only a few fans.

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Remember when documentaries used to be informative? This is not one of those.

13. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

14. José Neves's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

A film that resembles the filmed animals: enclosed in a prototype, without input or output. When occasionally comes out, accumulates disinterest. Hélàs pour Jean-Luc Nancy.

15. Raúl Silva Gómez's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Una pequeña ventana a una historia inmensamemnte interesante. Trató de realizar un poema a partir de la historia de Ming pero se atasca en su propia prosa. Deja mucho a desear en cuanto a conocer más detalles de la historia. Lo veo más como un mediometraje alargado, por eso la mejor calificación. Las tomas de los animales dentro de la casa son hipnotizantes.

16. Eduardo Sangarcía's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Una muestra magnífica sobre cómo echar a perder una buena historia.

17. rociof's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

Fotogramas para abocar al aburrimiento.

18. El Mau's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

19. Zepo's rating of the film Ming of Harlem: Twenty One Storeys in the Air

De repente la historia es interesante pero cae en unas pautas irascibles de gran aburrimiento.