1. lucia lurzo's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

One of the best films I've seen on the subject of being an artist and trying to navigate one's life with one's hopes & desires and one's material gain. A great & humble film with an unexpected but most human ending. Spike Lee is a phenomenal artist. Why is this so unappreciated?

4. Jalise's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

Well put-together, I didn't really relate with it.

6. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

I may have been born yesterday, but I stayed up all night.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

This is Spike Lee's most unique film. Denzel Washington is badass and the ensemble of great actors is a treat to watch in this film that is chocked full of energy.

8. Eugene Kotlyarenko's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

not depraved enough; the heart of a madman, as explored through the lifestyle of yuppie. maybe Spike is deflating the cliche image of the artist. revealing that backroom bickering and wheelin/dealin is the extent of drama in the creative/expressive process and if that's the case, then i'd rather watch the cliche

9. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

Ive kinda never liked this movie. Thought the script was weak and felt it missed what was really interesting to talk about. One of Spikes early fails

10. MICROMANTIC's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

Probably my favourite movie of all time

11. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

12. Brian O'blivion's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

Bill Lee's score was terribly intergrated into the scenes. Most of it seemed diegetic (it wasn't), but really out of place. And why would professional jazz musicians have all the most known and worn out jazz records laying around and why would they go to a record store to buy them, like they've just found jazz music a month ago? The ending was also very depressing.

13. Matthew King's rating of the film Mo' Better Blues

Still waiting for the first truly great film about the life of a jazz musician. Spike tends to go on the long side with his films and tis one certainly didn't need to be so long winded. I love Spike Lee and recognize his great talents. I really hope he will tackle jazz (fiction or biographical) again. This one was just not realistic and needed deeper characters.