1. naokoken's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

Nice opening of building interiors and the original music of Gael Rakotondrabe. Juliette Binoche says "He's the most indefinable man I know." The scene of Alex from Mauvais Sang spinning the radio dial and saying "Let us listen, and let our feeling take over." And then "...for the moment I am inventing titles for the films I am going to make," says Alex in Boy Meets Girl. Film clips and hearing others discuss Carax.

2. David R Williams's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

“A CINEPHILIAC ROMANCE! The titular director talks about his work, mostly in voice-over, with brilliance and surprising openness, while ravishing clips dissolve in and out of each other, making us hungry to see the films in their entirety again.” – Amy Taubin, Film Comment

3. muse_x's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

Yeah, ok, so, it's a stroke piece, but, in my humble opinion, he's earned it. But, yeah, watch his films, for that's where his strength is at.

4. Myles's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

I'm going to echo the previous "reviews." This is shameless promotional material. Nothing more. That it features clips from great movies and some pompous pronunciations by Richard Brody doesn't excuse the fact that this was probably run as an overlong introduction to a Carax retrospective at La Cinematheque Francaise. Just watch the movies instead.

5. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

What an excellently crafted doc

6. Ben Loory's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

this is a marketing film, not a documentary. it does make me want to see the rest of carax's movies, though... so i guess it works

7. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

Insufferable mythologizing, for the most part.

8. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

9. Jason's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

Notable for it's expressionistic use of light and superimposition in the talking head segments. Otherwise it is pretty much what you would expect having doubtlessly, like myself, seen these little cult of personality docs all yr bless'd life.

10. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

Basically a pretty good DVD extra that uncritically buys into Carax's mystique.

11. itstheresomewhere's rating of the film Mr. X, a Vision of Leos Carax

not great, not particularly good but it's a "documentary" about leos carax so i got a little too excited in my pants anyway