1. nica's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Throughout most of this film my review was going to be: I'd gladly ignore the soap opera-like score and random shouts for the authenticity that perhaps only Raoul Peck can give us with this film... I take it back with the ending that of course I should have seen, but was definitely not built up to in a satisfactory manner.

2. captainfez's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

That Aid Worker Is A Cock: the movie.

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Stark and down-to-earth. This film explores the social and political interactions, including the foreign (ex-colonial) influence in Haiti, where in the context of the earthquake some elements of reality start to re-emerge in brightened contrast. It manages to tackle the topic in a subtle and sometimes even beautifully poetic way. Powerfully minimalist acting, solid cinematography. Totally unexpected - excellent film!

4. David's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Set in the horrible aftermath of the Haitian quake this story explored a multitude of serious topics, yet the story was engaging and entertaining. Worth watching

5. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

- "The nation's youth will end up in NGOs." - "The country today is like my hometown. It belongs to everyone now that is ruined."

6. Maria's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

the end was hard to watch

7. Dean Owen Jones's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Thought-provoking study life of continuing to subsist in the post natural-disaster world. Large events like this usually don't make sense to those who survive them, and the return to a kind of half-normality, half NGO-dominated/dependent existence is painful for each of the characters in different ways, leading them to also adjust and cope in different ways. Interesting. Great, understated performances too.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Director Raoul Peck does much better exploring the aftermath of the earthquake in Haiti, the devastation and opportunism, in fictional narrative form than in his documentary covering the same subject. An excellent little film.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Interesting film, exploring the aftermath after that horrible tragedy. Good acting, especially from the female unit. Good cinematography. The story develops in small steps and it points out to some important social aspects. I didnt get the ending though. What did the poor Jennifer do to deserve such faith? If somebody got it, please explain !

10. shelbywelldone's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Very theatrical in form, delivers well on the NGO local dynamics and on the social class locally. Not completely convincing in spite of good quality manufacturing.

13. Nina's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

To all my German speaking followers: I wrote a film review on this, feel free to check it out and tell me what you think :-) http://www.kupferblau.de/2015/10/28/lebendige-truemmerhaufen/

14. Mugino's rating of the film Murder in Pacot

Peck cited "Teorema" as an influence, which only just begins to describe this film. Set entirely amidst the ruins of a condemned villa -- with cracks in the foundation and the stench of death rising from the rubble -- tensions ratchet up in the oppressive absence of hope. Absolutely engrossing and masterfully crafted.