1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

"They're coming to get you Barbara!"- truer words has never been spoken in the zombie horror genre. It looks classy even if it's gory and has gruesome content. Excellent played even if the cast consist of mostly amateurs and unknowns. Ending is still effective 50 years on.

2. Vince Wynne's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

My favorite of Romero's 'Dead' films.

3. Morteza Sayah's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

I believe this film starts a new wave of horror films in history of the cinema ...

4. guillermo's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

How many times can you see this film? I need to see it over and over again. So, it´s addictive.

5. blkrchs's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

6. Paul Rot's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

7. muh.'s rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

Sure, certain things in today's desensitized world may seem naive and laughable but viewing it in the wider context I am always surprised how well the movie holds together and stands the test of time.

8. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

Film a basso costo ma di grandissimo impatto. Il modo di usare i media, la critica sociale e i caratteri umani, fotografati in un momento di profonda crisi, sono la firma di un Autore troppo spesso (ingiustamente) ridotto a un buon mestierante.

9. James Faketty's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

Even if "Night of the Living Dead" was poorly shot or badly written, one would have to give it respect for creating a new movie monster that would be used for decades, maybe centuries. But this film manages to do all of that while also being a good film on its own. It would be a classic even if it didn't invent a genre. Its use of practical effects is astounding. I would recommend this film to any kind of horror fan.

10. NicholasHeinecke's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

This movie inspired it all. Before, zombies were mindless corpses. But Romero is the first to depict them as cannibalistic cadavers, and the results are truly horrifying. While the special effects (or lack thereof) seem dated, the raw and new portrayal of these creatures is intense and scary. I loved it!

11. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

12. Nick's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

What isn't there to love about this film? Great acting, engaging script, and of course creepy as hell. Proof that "budget" is no excuse for not making something good.

13. Wyatt69's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

A must-see classic and the beginning of American horror told through zombie-outbreak apocalyptic narratives. The cinematography and the avante garde worldview of this film respective to it's time-period are both noteworthy. The plot seems slow-moving at first, but a takes a startling turn by depicting the gory reality of what was first only assumed. True to it's nature, it takes a similarly shocking twist in the end.

14. Adam GR's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

A rebellious ingénue of narrative. Scary when watched with the lights off in a cottage in the woods.

15. Octavia's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

Night of the Living Dead by George A. Romero is definitely outdated, but it's impact on the film industry and the horror genre compels me to give it a 5/5 rating. Although cheesy and over the top, Night of the Living Dead was revolutionary in its time. I was worried about being bored of the story because of its age, but I was kept interested. I felt myself laughing at the movie sometimes, but that's not a bad thing.

16. bb2016's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

17. Brian's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

For a horror film from the 60s, Night of the Living Dead holds a stature of its own. This movie is considered a horror classic, since it has been remade. The film includes many unique scenes especially for its time that the film was made. For the technology from the 60s, director George Romero made excellent use of the tech he had. It is cool that the topic of zombies has been around for so long for films to be out.

18. Juan Javier's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

regular, como todo lo de romero

19. Kavionna's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

This film had me jumping out of my seat. Each scene really set the tone of creepy and mysterious and it kept me on my toes. Romero really did a great job of keeping the pace of each scene and continuing to set the scene with the suspenseful music. I surely recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys horror films.

20. Blakevon's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

A cult classic that some fans argue started the zombie craze. When a zombie outbreak hits a small town, a small group of citizens bunker themselves down inside of an old farmhouse in order to escape the undead. Hoping to ride this strange occurrence out, these people take refuge in hope. Gorge A. Romero was ahead of his time with his use of animatronics and his style of zombie makeup. This movie is a horror classic.

21. Greg's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

In the spirit of Halloween, finally a zombie film were it is not a happy ending. This film directed by George A. Romero gives a chilling and goosebump giving 96 minutes to the audience. This film is a classic zombie outbreak film. When you think all is well its not. Lock your doors, and don't go outside. Happy Halloween.

22. Cjspen2.0's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

Night of the Living Dead has a perfect design for the movie it is. It is a horror movie in black and white, and the black and white element of it allows for a much creepier atmosphere, and much better world building. The design of the zombies is kinda meh as they look like really really tired guys. If you saw a scene out of context it would seem like people were afraid of other much more tired people. So, I give a 2.

23. norman51227's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

l liked the movie more than I thought I would. I can see where some newer zombie movies get some of there ideas from now. The movie came out in 1968 but you cant really tell other than the use of a black and grey scale and clothes. The zombies came out of nowhere and were not even said how they came about or how they got infected. The only thing I didn't like is that the zombies where not told how they got there.

24. Rocco's rating of the film Night of the Living Dead

No one can deny Romero's revolutionary influence, but this is woefully dated. The beginning and end are still nice and punchy, but everything in between is all dusty gender-politics and now overfamiliar chatter about survival tactics. Unlike White Zombie, the antiquated feel here just isn't all that charming, and the director would do far more interesting work with this raw material as his career progressed.