1. Renightz's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

Theory vs. practice. The overwhelming burden of faith and the cost of redemption. The origins of evil, the banality of violente. The burning weight of guilt, the resilience of good. The self and its shadow. All of these themes, among many others, grounds Lav “North, the End of History”, and the way he conjugates all of them is brilliant. This is the work of a master filmmaker, one who has complete control of his art.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

Another patient, philosophical epic from Lav Diaz that favors raising questions, rather than giving answers, and for that reason I found this film fascinating.

3. -REM-'s rating of the film Norte, the End of History

4. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

"Truth is dead. So is meaning."

5. bagno's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

non riesco a capire questo passo indietro generale

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

7. Rodrigo's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

I just came out of the theater and now feel emotionally and visually hungover (or something like that). Is it worth the 4 hour length? For numerous reasons (that could or should very well be taught in film school): Oh yes. I'll go throw up a little now.

8. shinecatsao's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

9. mpho3's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

"The lack of a compelling payoff is a serious defect in a movie that demands its viewers undergo three hours of setup. But most of that time is fascinating, both for the depiction of the Philippines’ polyglot culture and because of the elegantly crafted sound and visuals. If the movie’s universal themes don’t impress, its specific details do." - Mark Jenkins, Washington Post

10. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

11. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

Lav Diazs "Norte, The End of History" hat eine lange Reise hinter sich, vom Certain Regard des Filmfestivals in Cannes rund um den Globus, bis er nun hier in der Videothek der Filmkunstbar Fitzcarraldo angekommen ist. Die Kritiker der Welt beschrieben den Film routinemässig als Meisterwerk von atemberaubender Grösse... die ganze Rezension gibts auf cinegeek.de

12. Ahmed Hasan's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

13. Ostermyers's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

14. galimgim's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

All to Fabian: "What happened to you?"

15. Jp Diaz's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

16. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

i waited a long time to see this, but it's just as exquisite as i could have hoped

17. mortal's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

(Very) Slow burning. 4 hours+ long. Losely based on Dostoyevskys CRIME AND PUNISHMENT. Reads exhausting and difficult on paper, but is a beautiful, terrifying and very engaging look at the downfall of civilization. highly recommended if you can spare the time.

18. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

the triumph of 'slow cinema'.

19. Jason's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

I love a go-for-broke DIY epic as much as the next fellow, but my admittedly inflated expectations for Norte were not met. Some great moments. The camera setups are often extraordinary, but if you are gonna use so many long takes then make some goddamn use of them! The blocking is dull and perfunctory. The execution is not equal to the scope. I like it better than The Place Beyond the Pines. Got that goin' for it.

20. Enkiled's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

The parable after the return of the prodigal Son at the end was very unique (sic). The rest of the film was a constant up 'n down and the investment wasn't fully rewarded, but overall it was ok

21. Clayton's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

The first Diaz I've ever watched, and I get why people like it, as in many ways it is a formal masterpiece, but there are deep, deep holes in its allegorical and political content. Particularly in regards to its gender politics.

22. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

My first Diaz, and I think I'm on board, as this is an extraordinarily immersive and powerful experience. That said, I'm ambivalent about where things end up, and dubious about it as allegory.

23. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

Diaz crea personajes con ideas y los pone a dialogar con la historia de su nación,esta contemplada como un fracaso. El resentimiento, la frustración y el conformismo se desplazan en la trama, gestándose una mirada trágica. La dialéctica de "Crimen y castigo" se desarrolla, donde lo humano se emprende en el lugar menos esperado, y mientras tanto lo inhumano lucha por la reivindicación y fracasa. La historia es ciclica

24. nietzschicharonsky's rating of the film Norte, the End of History

''if you become president, i'll go underground''