1. d4rk3d's rating of the film Nosferatu

2. AKUS's rating of the film Nosferatu

Very good and ground breaking for the time in which it was made since its one of the first horror movie, the German expressionism is present but not that much if you ask me. The lack of soundtrack makes a little bit hard to stay focused if you have any kind of distraction near you.

3. Linda's rating of the film Nosferatu

Of course a classic, but kind of funny and amusing too :D

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Nosferatu

The barest skeleton of 'Dracula', which was precisely what was needed. I don't know if Kracauer was right when he posited it as a presentiment of fascism, but it is just as certainly a resident of the 20th century [squatting malevolently in the corner] as Stoker's was the 19th. You know a film is a remarkable work of art when even Werner Herzog can't surpass it! The eeriest of films and so beautifully shot.

5. Ben Nash's rating of the film Nosferatu

Murnau's shadowplay is matched only by Dreyer.

6. xuxuxush's rating of the film Nosferatu

My first Murnau in a few years and it is pretty disappointing. So heavy-handed, bombastic, and superficial. None of the subtleties and multi-layered depths of Sunrise, Tabu, or The Last Laugh. While these other works have endured the passage of time extraordinarily well, Nosferatu is perhaps only of its time. Also, the organ score was pretty grating.

7. nadnab's rating of the film Nosferatu

8. Freddie's rating of the film Nosferatu

Max Schreck is the ultimate Nosferatu - his very screen presence oozes a tangibly eery vibe which still packs a punch to this day.

9. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Nosferatu

10. Levi Miah's rating of the film Nosferatu

(2006 Berriatúa restoration) Murnau takes Hutter from obnoxiously happy to shitting his pants with a stylistic fervour for visceral, abstract horror. The soundtrack is a masterfully structured accompaniment. It redeems the sexist 'sacrifice the virgin' plot by having Ellen actually just survive the end making her not so much a damsel in distress as a spared martyr. I wish the intertitles were faster.

11. Nick Potter's rating of the film Nosferatu

It honestly still works so very well, even with the entirely different cinematic world we find ourselves in. That's how influence works.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Nosferatu

Une oeuvre phare du grand courant expressionniste de l'époque ! www.cinefiches.com

13. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Nosferatu

Im not usually good with numbers but (a classical horror story added to a creepy production conspiracy added to some nice shadows and framing) minus neurotic editing equals 3 stars in my class

14. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Nosferatu

Four stars based on the respect I have for the film, and the way it still seems watchable (and re-watchable) after all these years. I confess that I'd still go Caligari over this one, though.

15. ermete polpette's rating of the film Nosferatu

16. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Nosferatu

17. Ekincaidaz's rating of the film Nosferatu

Ok. If you have never heard of Nosferatu, then You may not believe me when I tell you it is one of the best and seriously disturbing and scariest vampire movies of all time in my opinion. I have read other reviews that have pretty much agreed. Something about this actor that really creeps the crap out of me. He could honestly be a creature of the night.

18. Fabiha's rating of the film Nosferatu

Blood is life ! Blood is life !

19. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Nosferatu

Notice how it's always the blood of an innocent maiden (virgin) that is required to defeat the monster? *sigh* F***king patriarchy. ;-) That said, this is a classic film from the silent era. Light and shadow are crucial to the story. Apparently Murnau intended to use color tinting to depict daybreak, full daylight, and night (magenta, yellow, and cyan, respectively); the restored vision has these.

20. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Nosferatu

Seen for the 3rd or 4th time. A real classic that doesn't age. Masterpiece.

21. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Nosferatu

Possibly the greatest horror film ever made, it is made more amazing by the fact that only one print survived censorship, lawsuits (from the Stoker family, who wanted it destroyed) and age - sort of a vampiric story of eternal life. Schreck's Count Orloff is positively chilling, and Murnau was a master at shadowing his claws and imagining ethereal menace. Poetry of a lost age of phantoms, stunning in execution.

22. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Nosferatu

An absolute classic. Murnau sets the standard for what horror ought to be. The stakes of this film are simple but moving, getting invested in the well being of the main couple. The performance of Nosferatu is brilliant and eerie, one of the truly horrific monsters in film. The film stands the test of time and still is able to create tension. The real hero though is the score, which is just perfect throughout it all.

23. mrf0272's rating of the film Nosferatu

It was interesting going back and seeing such an iconic silent film that managed to garner a cult following from many. Even though it is outdated, I can see why so many people are attracted to this film and I somehow was entertained throuhgh out despite it being nearly 100 years old. the different color schemes get it dreamy and iinteresting through the whole of this film.

24. turnerBroadcast p3Dr0's rating of the film Nosferatu

The lord of the plague, phantom of the night , standing at the helm of an army of rats. Say aloud that he is not real. Say to your children the plague is not at our door. Say aloud all is well. Say aloud that even now there is no vampiric creature alive that comes to drink of your blood and deform the brain of your unborn child. A chilling masterpiece of horror that seems to thrive against the ravages of age.