1. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Drama comedy that manage to mix folk myth with folk lore and folk music into a refreshing and vitalized take on an old and often filmed classic (Homer's The Odyssey). The typical Coen style of mixing actors with almost cartoony faces and getting them to play together again enrich their films and Clooney has a good Cary Grant vibe over him in this film.

2. blkrchs's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

One of my favourite film by the Coens. Besides an excellent use of music I especially like the carefully crafted dramaturgical arch starting with the convicts chained together and ending with the daughters tied in line with a rope and leading through the stations of Homer's "Odyssee". Using digital coloring is a perfect means to underline the aesthetic of the film by giving it the appearance of historic postcards.

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Non il tentativo più riuscito nella cinematografia Coeniana, ma ciononostante è un film piacente. Ponderati e mai eccessivi i riferimenti all'opera omerica, mentre la classica comicità dei Fratelli riesce sempre a strappare con intelligenza le giuste risate. La regia è di gusto e ben assemblata, mentre la fotografia, per quanto viva ed apprezzabile nei sui numerosi colori, risulta un pochino troppo "digitale". 3 1/2.

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

The transposition of Greek myth onto Southern screwball musical fable works surprisingly well, resulting in some of the most inventive & genuinely surreal sequences of the Coen's career. While the once novel use of digital grading to manipulate the colour gives the film a primitive, almost hand-drawn quality, the political subtext has matured into something remarkably timely & even relevant from today's perspective.

6. NUGA's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

God have mercy, give these brother 're a good ol' settings and let them go to town he he ol' Mary and Joseph.

7. Noëlle's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Another favourite. Clooney at his best, I think

8. Adam Whybray's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

3.5 stars. My brother is stupid enough that he got in trouble at school for saying "I love the Ku Klux Klan" in reference to 'O Brother'. While this was partly his fault, it was partly the fault of the Coens. Dubious laffs aside this is pretty irresistable goofy fun with a killer soundtrack. Makes it seem as though the Deep South has all the best colours. A deeply weird piece of historical myth-making tomfoolery.

9. AALC's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Cinematography was really good. However, I'm not so sure about the plot. Some scenes with banal jokes sometimes reminded me these chessy parodies.

10. Luke Spence's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"You know it was adapted from the Odyssey right" - Every asshole who's ever seen this film

11. tri ...'s rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

12. vizija's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

13. mac le mac's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

+ 15 pour la musique ce film a remis la country au gout du jour

14. MS1915's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

The cinematography was brilliant, the acting well cast, and the writing tight and full of religious symbolism. A very whacky journey to find the treasure.

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

16. Thomas Dods's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I'm not well read enough to understand all of the Homer references but this is a very entertaining mix of scenes and styles with the usual Cohen brothers wit. Also boosts a cast of some of their best actor friends.

17. Jack's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I felt like I was watching a George Clooney demo reel. Characters? Played for laughs, didn't care about any of them. Laughs? Didn't have any. I could tell when I was supposed to be laughing though. Plot? I get it, but what was the point? What ideas were being explored? Music? The music was good.

18. Luluah's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

It has Wes Anderson's style but better,

19. Renton47's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

It can be hard sometimes to determine if the Coens are prophets of their trade or, like Clooney's McGill, sharp-tongued snake-oil salesmen. I used to be fond of 'O Brother' but on revisit it seems laden with iconography and hollow in meaning. Often reviews of their work consist of noting the references; sometimes like 'Fink' they use reference to great effect. In contrast this feels episodic, vaguely entertaining.

20. Shane's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

I can't help but love this movie

21. dianadhm's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

22. ceknklsn's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

23. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

24. Ethan's rating of the film O Brother, Where Art Thou?

The Odyssey as told by The Coen Brothers.

← Previous 1 3 4 5