1. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Alongside Scorsese's No Direction Home, this just goes to show the haters that a conventional documentary can be just as riveting as the most innovative fiction film. Astounding assemblage of footage, interviews, American identity politics, and the legal system, woven together so seamlessly it's easy to forget the artistry involved. Gave me a kind of dizzy insight into its subject that I haven't felt since The Wire.

2. Marta's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Wish it had tackled domestic violence in a more nuanced way, how is it possible tha nobody would speak about it? It really does feel like a man's story... still incredibly well done though.

3. Christina's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Incredible context of race, justice, and celebrity in America through the lens of OJ Simpson.

4. Chichago_'s rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Confusions, dilemmas, and disbeliefs passed through my mind the whole time I was watching this. Most of the time I'm on Nicole's side, but sometimes I also sympathize to O.J.; which is similar to how people in the film feel.The first few episodes give a very well-made introduction that shows how the culture and environment at that time affects and shapes the narcissistic, self-centered, and charismatic traits of O.J.

5. Susannah Magers's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Engrossing testimony to the sanctity of celebrity, the horrors of cultural silence on violence against women and of victim shaming, and a thoughtful, thorough examination of how our abhorrent history of racism fueled an innocent verdict for a guilty man. Goldman's family watches helplessly as their son's (and Nicole's) murder is hijacked by a despicably manipulative agenda masquerading as social justice.

6. steeeeellaaaaa's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

worth every hour, it feels so complete

7. David Aguilar's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Brilliant film. Epic and intimate, it tells a truly American story

8. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

It's amazing how black people forgot he wanted nothing to do with the black community and then acquited him and spoke for him in the most critical moment of his life. Great lawyers.

9. thomasjeff16's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Weaving many different strands into a fully accomplished argument. 7 and a half hours have never passed so quickly.

10. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Absolutely compelling viewing

11. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

LMK when you've seen all 8 hours twice........ lemme know when ur this iconic

12. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

A story of american race, class and and gender opression. It is obvious that the James Baldwin argument that the colour of one's skin is another wall put forth by white society is not applicable for OJ; the black witnesses and the black community wins no real victory with the aquittal just because OJ's black. He's too rich for that.

13. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Breathtaking. No gimmicks, no voiceover, no intertitles: Edelman's astonishingly researched and edited magnum opus lets the story tell itself through a wealth of footage, stills and interviews. And what a story: joining the dots between race, power and money in America, it's really no hyperbole to see this as a Shakespearean downfall. A must-see, even - no, especially - at 7.5 hours.

14. Linda's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

so good!! I watched the Ryan Murphy tv series first (American Crime Story) and then this, since I didn't know much about O.J. and the murder case.. it is so intriguing! This documentary is really well made, they basically show all the important circumstances one has to know about this case and person.

15. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

The fall of the American dream. So many things that were toxic with this case. No wonder why this is the "Trial of the Century". SO MANY DRAMAS.

16. Horror Whore's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

I think this is the best documentary I have ever seen. It completely blew my mind. <3

17. jeanlice's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

for a film that tries to broaden the narrative, framing it as this bigger story of a black kid making it in America despite growing up in those times of civil unrest and social inequality due to race it truly lacks skills. after the big court event that narrative peters out and what remains is sunshine hustlin' & the slapstick act in Vegas, while we basically learn nothing about O.J., the person and what drove him.

18. Matthew Martens's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

I resisted revisiting this story for a long time. It was lurid enough, sensational enough, and depressing enough the first time around. But O.J.: Made in America is a deeply accomplished, wrenching, illuminating work, full of empathy for every life involved and fully engaged in the broader social and historical contexts of the tragedy it dissects.

19. Thomas Dods's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Truly remarkable documentary about a man I previously knew next to nothing about. I was originally put off by the running time but I devoured the 7.5 hours very quickly. The length is important because the story of OJ is the story of Black LA and the trial events need to be framed in this way to make sense of it. A conceited, horrible man. For OJ, success means celebrity - a sad indictment of American culture

20. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

One of cinema's most defining achievements. This truly was one of the most enlightening, heart-wrenching and compelling experiences I've ever had.

21. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

Long. But good. The FX show was 10x more entertaining tho. Not this Docs fault. Really an unprecedented doc in length and release. Awarded with an Oscar. But I suspect I'll like "I'm not your negro" better. Just a hunch.

22. Emily O's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

part 4 is really just offensive. part 5 feels like fluff. maybe a slight failure of this movie is that it is necessarily about o.j.

23. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America

The breadth of insights given esp by Bell, Gilbert, Shipp, Weireter is gold. I was struck by his image in youth, angered once more by a life of hateful selfish actions, pathological outward denial, those riding his coattails and the maligned people of colour he did not reciprocate any care for. I did not expect to be satisfied that he got what he deserved and now having absorbed so much, I want to hear no more of it.

24. andretz's rating of the film O.J.: Made in America