1. Harriehhh's rating of the film Oldboy

This seemed to lack the finesse of Chan-Wook’s first Vengeance instalment. Despite an engrossing first act, the latter half of the film seemed to rely on too much on shock value than plot development. I’m actually surprised the general opinion of Oldboy isn’t more divisive, all things considered. Admittedly, there’s something strikingly cool about the way certain scenes are framed, but it wasn’t really my cup of tea.

2. F/K's rating of the film Oldboy

One of the best thrillers filled that has a slick cinematography and some really gritty and brutal characterization

3. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Oldboy

4.3 been some years since watching, but Chan-Wooks tour de force still stays inside my head, like it's branded there. Probably time for a rewatch

4. Omaima Charif's rating of the film Oldboy

Great movie! Left my jaw hanging in surprise.

5. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Oldboy

6. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Oldboy

Revisiting this light years away from the distinctly collegiate pleasures and tastes that defined it on my first, enthusiastic viewing, and I must say it is more sordid than I remember. Visually, it is impressively repulsive, greens and yellows striking that vomitific vibe, but in a cold, dry way. Altogether I don't appreciate the see-saw effect of distancing itself, then jumping right back in. Incest leads to incest

7. ryan brennan's rating of the film Oldboy

Offers a lot in terms of style - the fragmented narrative, the uncommon and playful transitions, and the break from real to dreamlike (this is where he really shines) The film has a lot to say about invisible authority, whether political or corporate, and how they are able to manipulate citizenry. As well as technologies relation to groups / loneliness: “Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.”

8. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Oldboy

Probably the best foreign film I have ever seen

9. Snulie's rating of the film Oldboy

Easily one of my favourite movies, Amazing plot.

10. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film Oldboy

Filme perturbador e complexo devido à imensidade de conclusões que se retira do surpreendente desfecho dele quando interpretado.

11. auloel's rating of the film Oldboy

12. AALC's rating of the film Oldboy

13. Andi Dan's rating of the film Oldboy

Shocking, Sickening, Harrowing... in Ending

14. lidiishere's rating of the film Oldboy

that kind of film which give you 'wtf' moment in the end

15. Freakyfilm's rating of the film Oldboy

16. Philippe P. Marchetti's rating of the film Oldboy

Impressive. Maybe a bit too much for me. I felt so impress by the director & cinematographer's work that I kinda lost focus on the story. But What a movie !

17. João R's rating of the film Oldboy

18. citycat2020's rating of the film Oldboy

азиатские триллеры > американские триллеры, психическое давление > физическое насилие

19. letters never sent's rating of the film Oldboy

Out of curiousity, I saw the film. I had a feeling it's something I wouldn't be into. I was right. It's well done, edgy, clever, but that's about it for me.

20. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Oldboy

3.5 I hoped the plot would be better developed and more surprising. Also didn't like the acting at times - too over the top. But it kept me interested anyway. So disturbing. Also, the cinematography is great. Some shots and sequences are really good. Too bad for the predictable sexism.

21. MistaRichard's rating of the film Oldboy

Trust no one, not even yourself.

22. ermete polpette's rating of the film Oldboy

23. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Oldboy

24. JJJ's rating of the film Oldboy

Stunning visuals. However, it reminded me of what I like least about Tarantino and Nolan - overly complication, puzzle-like plots coupled with dazzling images and set ups, but nothing underneath it all that I really care about or affects me emotionally. I feel like I may appreciate it more on second viewing though.