1. lauraalpinto's rating of the film Oldboy

2. zohen lux's rating of the film Oldboy

my brain is buzzing. i have no more body fluids left to sweat. all this cuz of a lil incest damn

3. Andre's rating of the film Oldboy

The story makes as many leaps of logic as a typical giallo film (and the design takes cues from that genre), but the characters and emotions consistently make sense, outsize as they are. Wook succeeds in creating a world where the comic and the nightmarish constantly fight for supremacy. The famous Korean graphic torture is there, but there is a method to the madness. Riveting, but stomach churning

4. lollyjoys's rating of the film Oldboy

5. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Oldboy

One of the most bombastically enthralling pieces of cinema I've watched in my life! It has a gleeful tendency to venture into these over-the-top moments that look purely ridiculous when seen out of the context of the movie, which often left me watching the sheer lunacy on screen in a state of simultaneously frozen and hysterical amusement.

6. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Oldboy

7. Louis Robert's rating of the film Oldboy

8. (efe) ni's rating of the film Oldboy

9. Noah Hunt's rating of the film Oldboy

The second film in Park Chan-Wook's aptly named 'Vengeance Trilogy', Oldboy is, on the surface, a story of revenge. The normal intrigue and mystery of vengeance stories is taken to new heights, as Park Chan-Wook masterfully sets up twists and turns throughout, leaving the viewer on the edge of their seat. A beautifully stylistic and gripping drama, this is the perfect start for those wishing to explore Asian cinema.

10. Enkiled's rating of the film Oldboy

11. lofisofi's rating of the film Oldboy

gorgeous in so, so many ways but ultimately still hollow and gross, i find myself unmoved by it

12. Samuel Spione's rating of the film Oldboy

Don't expect subtlety with this one. Relies a little too heavily on shock value and the emotional power of its third act, so that re-watching it made me realize I liked it far less than I thought I did. Nonetheless there are a lot of fantastic moments, and the acting and camerawork is pretty stellar. 3.5/5

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film Oldboy

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Oldboy

2-3. Essentially hangs a stylishly fun revenge story on a motive that renders everything happening trivial once it's revealed. The Protagonist apparently never transcends being a victim; the 'even a beast like me' sentiment is kind of gutted if he can't even be held responsible for his own 'beastliness'. That's not even getting into the way hypnosis as a plot device nukes suspension of disbelief.

15. Sérgio Guedelha's rating of the film Oldboy

16. tinderness's rating of the film Oldboy

Eine mir nicht zugängliche Parabel über Vergeltung, mit beeindruckender Kameraführung aber abstrusem Plot-

17. TZUHSIEN TANG's rating of the film Oldboy

18. Tamás Rolfesz's rating of the film Oldboy

19. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film Oldboy

Geez, I can see why people have trouble watching this a second+ time. It's a fun, gritty, bloody, graphic revenge tale that goes much deeper thematically than you might expect, and despite being two hours, it moves pretty briskly. Really intense film, and I can see why it's made such a big impact.

20. Walker's rating of the film Oldboy

I can see why people are in love with it, but the overblown style was a bit much for me. 3.5

21. meepy's rating of the film Oldboy

Best revenge film I’ve ever seen. "Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone."

22. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Oldboy

Few words can mirror the strange emotion i had at the end of this mesmeric film. I stood silent for a few minutes trying to come to my senses and break through the twisted ending. Though I saw the remake a few years ago, to my great surprise, during the screening i've never recall the essential fragments from the story. I was literally hypnotized by Chan-wook Park. Cult cinema.

23. M Madalena Alves's rating of the film Oldboy

A very fucked up journey was this film. I guess, after watching Oldboy and The Handmaiden, I've realized that before I watch more of Park Chan-Wook works, I've got to be prepared for a long, not at all smooth, journey.

24. gaussian's rating of the film Oldboy