1. Shahin Katila's rating of the film Oldboy

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Oldboy

Engaging visuals, fast paced and a memorable vengeance story with plenty of gruesome moments that stick out. It's bleak streaks of humor and the strange feel of poetic (in)justice also is gripping. Shockingly I predicted the surprise plot twist even though there was an actual shock (to me) that the film actually went through with it. Even with that twist ruined this film is enormously effective .

3. felisaf's rating of the film Oldboy

TWISTED AS HELL. DAMN THIS IS SICK.

4. zotibaws's rating of the film Oldboy

5. hexhunk's rating of the film Oldboy

High style, high concept, highly pointless. The same things I suspect make this so famous among a certain set are the same things that make me roll my eyes. I briefly considered giving it an additional star for the oft-referenced hallway fight, but it really doesn't deserve it.

6. ZiggySan's rating of the film Oldboy

7. corativ's rating of the film Oldboy

See, I defied all forces and watched it. And liked it.

8. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film Oldboy

9. Vera Kavaleuskaya's rating of the film Oldboy

10. neonalchodemon's rating of the film Oldboy

11. Eduardo Rodriguez's rating of the film Oldboy

The narrative structure for this film is easy to follow, chronological, and linear. The film starts with our protagonist getting captured by mysterious people, imprisoned and tortured for years with no idea why. The film then follows our protagonist as he solves the mystery of what happened to him and why. An excellent Korean thriller, well structured with the climax satisfyingly presented at the end of the film.

12. Harriehhh's rating of the film Oldboy

This seemed to lack the finesse of Chan-Wook’s first Vengeance instalment. Despite an engrossing first act, the latter half of the film seemed to rely on too much on shock value than plot development. I’m actually surprised the general opinion of Oldboy isn’t more divisive, all things considered. Admittedly, there’s something strikingly cool about the way certain scenes are framed, but it wasn’t really my cup of tea.

13. F/K's rating of the film Oldboy

One of the best thrillers filled that has a slick cinematography and some really gritty and brutal characterization

14. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film Oldboy

4.3 been some years since watching, but Chan-Wooks tour de force still stays inside my head, like it's branded there. Probably time for a rewatch

15. Omaima Charif's rating of the film Oldboy

Great movie! Left my jaw hanging in surprise.

16. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Oldboy

17. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Oldboy

Revisiting this light years away from the distinctly collegiate pleasures and tastes that defined it on my first, enthusiastic viewing, and I must say it is more sordid than I remember. Visually, it is impressively repulsive, greens and yellows striking that vomitific vibe, but in a cold, dry way. Altogether I don't appreciate the see-saw effect of distancing itself, then jumping right back in. Incest leads to incest

18. ryan brennan's rating of the film Oldboy

Offers a lot in terms of style - the fragmented narrative, the uncommon and playful transitions, and the break from real to dreamlike (this is where he really shines) The film has a lot to say about invisible authority, whether political or corporate, and how they are able to manipulate citizenry. As well as technologies relation to groups / loneliness: “Laugh and the world laughs with you, weep and you weep alone.”

19. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Oldboy

Probably the best foreign film I have ever seen

20. Vitória Carvalho's rating of the film Oldboy

Filme perturbador e complexo devido à imensidade de conclusões que se retira do surpreendente desfecho dele quando interpretado.

21. auloel's rating of the film Oldboy

22. AALC's rating of the film Oldboy

23. Andi Dan's rating of the film Oldboy

Shocking, Sickening, Harrowing... in Ending

24. lidiishere's rating of the film Oldboy

that kind of film which give you 'wtf' moment in the end