1. Emiliauskas's rating of the film One of Us

it's like the creators tried to make this movie as non-informative as possible

2. Mtume Gant's rating of the film One of Us

The negative wrap this film has gotten is that it doesn't present the positive aspects of Hasidic life. I disagree...the issue with the film is they don't show why people feel they benefit by staying a part of the culture. What does this world offer them that the outside world does not? And from there let the audience decide based on their morals their opinions on their practice. Other than that its important

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film One of Us

2.4 stars. Felt dazed and unanchored, although maybe that best communicated the feeling of those ostracised from a community. Maybe someone can enlighten me - but my understanding was that the divorce courts were secular so why is it that Etty is only allowed to see her children for one hour a week while supervised and Luzer seemingly not allowed to see his children at all? It seemed like we only got a partial view.

4. Gia de Almeida's rating of the film One of Us

Felt a bit incomplete, I would have a liked a bit more perspective from the hassidic point of view.

5. Gach's rating of the film One of Us

6. Laura G.'s rating of the film One of Us

It is a true monstosity that the Hasidic community is building the present and future of their members on the inhumane experience of the holocaust. Stop excusing yourselves of actions such as sexual abuse, domestic violence, taking children away from their mothers or fathers whom choose to live outside of the community by imposing "status quo". Until when will you allow religious communities to have such power?

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film One of Us

Just a not so friendly reminder that I have a lot of trauma to deal with from being raised in a Modern Orthodox Jewish community! Very difficult to watch. Didn’t necessarily learn anything new, but I’m glad the horrors of the Hasidism are being brought to Netflix.

8. harringtonellie's rating of the film One of Us

One of Us lightly penetrates a way of living that so many of us are unaware of and uneducated in by tapping into the trauma that follows any attempt at breaking away from what seems to be immense societal oppression. I feel like there was room to delve deeper, but in a community so private and insular it's hard to know whether it would be possible to probe any further.

9. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film One of Us

If you liked this, check out Rama Burshtein's Fill the Void (2013) and Joshua Weinstein's Menashe (2017).