1. Harriehhh's rating of the film Only God Forgives

If you couldn’t get enough Gosling from Refn’s last feature, Only God Forgives is for you. Marvel at Refn’s undeniably gorgeous cinematic hand as he presents you with a dazzling neon fever dream, whilst Gosling does his characteristic blank stare, slow walk thing. It’s not the worst!

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Only God Forgives

Ignore the poor reviews because this is NWR beyond tough as nails or anything I've seen as well his most stylized. Moody, bloody, atmospheric, colorful, and a bit difficult to follow along at times - although, it does remind me of his other films I've watched because of its plot & style. But also good to see NWR working with Gosling again after DRIVE, too.

3. Victor-André's rating of the film Only God Forgives

Reality or Fantasy ? Revenge or Redemption ? Godling or Gosling? The lighting work is impressive !

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Only God Forgives

'Valhalla Rising' is the best film ever directed by Nicolas Winding Refn. The rest of his filmography is good, even very good ('Pusher III', 'Bleeder'), but still anecdotal. This one is for Refn completists.

5. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Only God Forgives

6. João R's rating of the film Only God Forgives

The neon and sharp aesthetics weren't enough to cover up the minimalistic depth of the story.

7. Il calvario di un’anima perduta's rating of the film Only God Forgives

8. The Tsundokuist's rating of the film Only God Forgives

A mess of a film made for wanky and pretentious cinephiles with none of the class or artistry of the Wong Kar-Wai and Park Chan-wook films it resembles. Mere mortals would be better served sticking to 1980s/90s Jean-Claude Van Damme.

9. Kenzozo's rating of the film Only God Forgives

10. Adam GR's rating of the film Only God Forgives

Winding Refn is a technician of aesthetic. Ryan Gosling, Kristin Scott Thomas, and Vithaya Pansringarm inhabit the screen, but how well are we ever going to know these characters? Does not imbue too deeply for me.

11. ramiah's rating of the film Only God Forgives

was pleasantly surprised by this. i wonder if refn will develop a style of his own though? i look forward to it if he does as this was so nice to the eyes.

12. morals and dogma's rating of the film Only God Forgives

13. Tommaso's rating of the film Only God Forgives

14. F/K's rating of the film Only God Forgives

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea and it may not even top Drive, it's still a great film filled with beautiful and stylish images and it also works as Greek revenge play

15. Francisca's rating of the film Only God Forgives

estranhamente interessante. e lindo, obviamente.

16. MisterColo93's rating of the film Only God Forgives

17. Cependant's rating of the film Only God Forgives

Simplicité complexe à défauts détails.

18. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Only God Forgives

I was going for two stars because of the cop and the music + final song (the neon masturbation of a cinematography really irritated me as it was pushed to the limit), but that Jodorowsky shoutout reminded me of the disgrace that von Trier did when he dedicated Antichrist to Tarkovsky. Lars & Nicolas, the two douches... I have no idea why I keep trying to stand them, there's no use.

19. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Only God Forgives

This film has such low ratings, but I believe it is misunderstood! In fact, it is probably going to be a cult classic! A synthwave Kill Bill that sticks to its tragic shakesperean theme. A hand for a hand. The composition and lighting alone is definitely enough of a reason to watch it!

20. angeldromero's rating of the film Only God Forgives

I love Nicolas and I consider myself an avid fan of his work but I can't forgive him about this one. There are really few few few things I liked about this movie. The cinematography was great as usual, I loved the atmosphere at some points of the movie and there were moments that felt very Lynchian. Other than that, this movie was a great disappointment.

21. mac le mac's rating of the film Only God Forgives

22. Legosaurus's rating of the film Only God Forgives

23. L. Nolan's rating of the film Only God Forgives

Loved it and hated it equally.

24. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Only God Forgives