1. ughchenausea's rating of the film Other People

c'è quasi tutto quello che voglio in un film

2. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Other People

3. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Other People

A very good film with a very good cast.

4. Mogambo's rating of the film Other People

Nothing exceptionally unique here but I was sobbing by the end of it so 5/5. I'm a hard cynic so when my pathos is stimulated I become biased for the movie. I liked the fact that the profundities/revelations/insights felt earned and not shoehorned in (which they were).

5. Justwibi's rating of the film Other People

not really bad but not really good either... at least i could watch some improvements in Jesse Plemons lately.

6. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Other People

Nothing that follows measures up to that first scene. Otherwise, a pleasant but forgettable semi-autobiographical cancer dramedy.

7. Helena's rating of the film Other People

So relatable it's scary

8. Leroy Martin's rating of the film Other People

couldn't be any more in love with it, what a gem. the drag scene with the little boy was so heartfelt and refreshing (which can be said about the film itself tbh)

9. Emily O's rating of the film Other People

10. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Other People

Devastating but not really hard to watch. Plemmons and Shannon are fucking perfect and the script does an ace job at balancing the emotional rollercoaster without being exploitive of the viewer. As someone here said, it doesn't go anywhere deep or offer any kind of new insight into a situation like this (that has been portrayed a million times before), but it does feel like a breath of fresh air nonetheless.

11. João Estevens's rating of the film Other People

2.5 molly shannon gives a powerful performance

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Other People

Oh, great it's another Sundance Cancer Movie!

13. Renton47's rating of the film Other People

For all of its talk of these "other people" OP is resolutely safe in its solipsism; not one which highlights anything deep in its individualism but rather marvels at the frequent misunderstanding of others. Not a cinematic crime, just indistinct from similar Sundance fare. Contrary to some cancer narratives this one's brutal due to Shannon's committed performance - it's ugly in both moving and discomforting terms.

14. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film Other People

15. Viginti_tres's rating of the film Other People

Hilariously and heartbreakingly depicts the impossibility of pure emotional moments in real life. Nothing is ever so neat as we would like it to be. The ultimate emotional message is a fascinating one, but under-resolved. Sublime running Train gag.

16. Rocketeam's rating of the film Other People

Just the right amount of funny and sad.

17. jessetaylor's rating of the film Other People

Not necessarily a great film by any means, but a damn special one. I can't relate to all of the subject matter that this film tackles, but a lot of it really resonated with me. So much so that the last bit had me in tears and I cried for maybe 15 minutes after the film ended. A very personal, intimate, simple yet effective film that completely bowled me over.

18. -REM-'s rating of the film Other People

19. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Other People

2.5. Unhappy with the technique of letting every scene anchor itself the anxious reaction shots of the main character. It is still a hard movie to make, and worth commending for at least having great ideas on the level of plotting.

20. Alex's rating of the film Other People

21. Max Swanson's rating of the film Other People

Plemons and Shannon anchor a top notch script in what would have otherwise been another Sundance movie of the week.

22. Diderot's rating of the film Other People

Some good performances. Fucking "Drops of Jupiter"-- yes, please.

23. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film Other People

8/10. Equally parts humorous and devastating, OTHER PEOPLE watches as a young man says goodbye to his dying mother. Molly Shannon's performance here is grounded, funny and heart breaking. The film does falter occasionally with some self-indulgent moments. The protagonist is also gay and a struggling comedy writer, elements of the story that do occasionally serve to distract from the more interesting family dynamic.

24. Will Thede's rating of the film Other People

A tad typical - does not strive to be more than every other family dramedy. I love the themes covered, but other movies have covered these topics more affectively for me: sickness - '50/50'; mother-son relationship - 'Mommy'; homosexuality - 'Weekend'. 'The Skeleton Twins' is a similar family dramedy that hit me in a special way; I suspect this film will find people who find more in it than I did.